Starting a engine with no keys-hotwiring? options?

-

myMoparHome

Reaction score
Just picked up a 79 dodge van-motorhome for parts has a 360 with 44000 miles but no keys! i want to try and start it before I pull the motor, how cam i get around the fact I have no keys ??

wire from pos battery post to key side of the ballast res , then jump the relay sol from battery pole to starter lead next to it . but that wouldn't unlock the steering wheel to drive it , you can't put it in gear unless you unlock it .

pull the key lock with a dent puller, put your finger in the hole and whola! you can drive it...(no experience there),just get new locks for it.:)

pull the key lock with a dent puller, put your finger in the hole and whola! you can drive it...(no experience there),just get new locks for it.:)

Yep...that's how I started a 73 Mustang I drove way back when...at least until I blew a rod through the block :-O

well thats better than mine , ya hank that ing key lock assembly , start it with a screw driver after its removed .

be kinda hard considering i'm on the eastern seaboard....and besides ...what i lost my keys a few times:bs_flag:

and i'm sitting here laughing out lound ...good thing wife is at work today she'll think i went nuts:wtf:

-
Back