stay carbed or go efi on a stock 340 any one done it

-

chubsgts

Reaction score
so i was thinking of throwing like a holley avenger system or fast or what ever on my stock 340 has any one got into any of this or should i just leave it how it is now didnt know if its worth 2 to 3 gs

i've seen the fast ez efi in action and its a really nice set up. really liked the results on the two friends cars that used it. infact i bought one but am not sure when i'll put it on. i think you would love the way the car will run with efi. even if it is a stock motor. i vote for efi...:)

I really like the idea. I have thought about it myself. I'm sure it's better than a carb but 2-3 thousand better, I don't know.

i've seen the fast ez efi in action and its a really nice set up. really liked the results on the two friends cars that used it. infact i bought one but am not sure when i'll put it on. i think you would love the way the car will run with efi. even if it is a stock motor. i vote for efi...:)
Why not now? It's still winter and this way you'll save some money because gas prices are going up.

Why not now? It's still winter and this way you'll save some money because gas prices are going up.

still have to save the money for the tank/pump set up and all the fuel line i'm going to use. once i have everything in hand i'll do it.

It would take a very long time to save 2-3 thousand in gas. I like the idea of it's drivability.

true. its all about the drivability. not sure how much MPG i will gain. i figure it has to gain a little being i know the carb on its too big. but 3k worth? we are talking years..lol

When I bought my 67, I got all hot 'n bothered dreamin about 5.7, 5.2, or 5.9 swap, with factory EFI. I COULD do the adaption, I'm not afraid of the electronics, but then I thought

I USED to know how to make a carb run!!!

and JUST HOW many miles am I gonna drive the thing? It doesn't HAVE to run every day, be instant start, or even start at very low winter temps.

So I agree. You're spending a lot of money

If done right it will be unique and will run right, probably get better mileage,

but you have to ask yourself..........IS it really worth it?

-
Back