Steel prices effecting parts?

-

doogievlg

Reaction score
I work in the steel industry and our prices have gone up 300% this year. I haven’t been buying many big items for my Dart recently but I’m curious if it has effected the prices on parts? I know we have some members in the industry.

I work in the steel industry and our prices have gone up 300% this year. I haven’t been buying many big items for my Dart recently but I’m curious if it has effected the prices on parts? I know we have some members in the industry.
You bet. Just as a silly for instance, We pulled the trigger a couple months ago and bought the sheet metal for our event trophies ahead of a big increase.THe price per trophy would have doubled if we hadn't.

117189936_3145107532276338_5035788248460179441_o.jpg

You bet. Just as a silly for instance, We pulled the trigger a couple months ago and bought the sheet metal for our event trophies ahead of a big increase.THe price per trophy would have doubled if we hadn't.

View attachment 1715754220

Good looking trophy. Right now if you are considering buying steel then just do it. It’s gone up ever month for us since October of 2020 and it’s going to keep going. Unless you can wait a year or more then just bite the bullet.

Oh yeah. Plus, wait till you start seein the effects of this minimum wage bullshit. Already 15 in some places. 12 in Arizona. That'll have another huge impact on prices. I'll just stop "RIGHT THERE".

Oh yeah. Plus, wait till you start seein the effects of this minimum wage bullshit. Already 15 in some places. 12 in Arizona. That'll have another huge impact on prices. I'll just stop "RIGHT THERE".

Rusty, I try my absolute hardest to avoid garbage fast food but I had to go through the drive through at McDonald’s over the weekend. Took my 20 minutes and when I got to the window there was literally a kid sitting on the floor doing nothing. Best advice I can give is become as self sufficient as possible. I’m only 30 so I don’t see this ride lasting until I’m 6 feet under.

The steel mill I retired from is now on strike (ATI specialty steel). And my son works at a chassis shop and he said their roll cage tubing not only got harder to get but jumped into crazy-land prices. Roll bar cage prices jumped a lot.

The steel mill I retired from is now on strike (ATI specialty steel). And my son works at a chassis shop and he said their roll cage tubing not only got harder to get but jumped into crazy-land prices. Roll bar cage prices jumped a lot.

Our lead times went from 2-5 business days to 3-5 weeks from the steel manufactures. The steel I used to sell for .30 LF is going to be over 1.00 LF by September. And customers expect me to honor expire pricing from last summer.

The really bad thing about all this is, there's no end in sight. Not even on the distant horizon.

I really don’t want this thread moved to News and politics so can this conversation end here? I wasn’t asking why it’s happening .
ok sorry I shouldn't have said 'Trump' tariffs, really I just meant tariffs. But I'll drop it.

-
Back