Steering Column Issue

-
I do have spark, I just tested it. So that tells me since the starter IS turning over and if I had fuel and air, shouldn't this thing start?

Neutral/park switch is located on the left side of the tranny but something is definitely
wrong because it shouldn't crank in any gear but park or neutral sounds like it may be bypassed. If it fired up ok before you pulled the column it's got to be something in the wiring you disconnected keeping it from firing off. With the ignition in the run position
check for voltage at the coil.

I do have spark, I just tested it. So that tells me since the starter IS turning over and if I had fuel and air, shouldn't this thing start?

Yes, assuming

the spark is hot enough

something coincidental hasn't gotten it out of time, such as a timing chain issue

and you are getting fuel, compression, and the thing isn't flooded

I'm checking my steering column connections to see if they have continuity. One of the connectors looks fried, wondering if that is the problem.

Where can I find a new connector? I don't need the exact one, I can change it.

Problem solved. Fuel not getting to the carb. Didn't relate to the steering column at all.

But, I did find some interesting issues along the way. Still need to figure out why I can start the car in any gear.

Btw, I bought a digital factory service manual for the 74. Thanks to all.

-
Back