steering columns?

-

hdfattboy2001

Never Enough Cars!
Reaction score
Looking for help here, what is the difference between a powersteering column and manual steering?
Im in the middle of converting my columnshift/powersteering car to console shift. Going to look for a column this week at Carlisle and want to know what to watch for...
Thanks,
Brad

Are you converting to manual steering also? The manual steering column is longer than the power steering column. You say you are also switching to floor shift? Well you will need a floor shift manual steering car. A floor shift column obviously doesn't have that shift mechanism at the bottom...Expect to pay about 150 bucks for a floor shift manual steering column...

Are you converting to manual steering also? The manual steering column is longer than the power steering column. You say you are also switching to floor shift? Well you will need a floor shift manual steering car. A floor shift column obviously doesn't have that shift mechanism at the bottom...Expect to pay about 150 bucks for a floor shift manual steering column...
I am leaving the car powersteering, but making it floor shift.

oh ok...then you need a floor shift power steering column. lol...is this for your barracuda in your avatar?

Yeah its for the cuda, I had a hacked up column a friend of mine had laying around (cudapete) I was hoping i could just leave the rod and everything together and just change the upper trim rings, I was wrong, now I need to change the whole thing because I just have a bunch of pieces laying in a pile! It will be easier to find a whole column...Im hoping to find one at Carlisle this weekend for a decent price....

yes...you should be able to find a few at carlisle..I found 2 at the spring fling, and i was a jackass and I didnt buy one, which i should have!!! hey if you happen to find 2, can you pick one up for me? and of course ill give you the money! lol.....

yes...you should be able to find a few at carlisle..I found 2 at the spring fling, and i was a jackass and I didnt buy one, which i should have!!! hey if you happen to find 2, can you pick one up for me? and of course ill give you the money! lol.....
Im going to be on the prowl!....What is a good price for one?

-
Back