steering coupler direct replacement

-

rrvolare

19Swinger69
Reaction score
Is there a product out there that directly replaces the factor sliding coupler ... I have a manual steering box.. and would like to stay with the manual box... Just would like to get rid of original joint to a more reliable flex joint ... THanks

I never had a problem with any of mine. What specifically is the issue you want to resolve??

It's not a well-engineered solution last I checked, but Borgeson makes some stuff that does some stuff.

The OEM box coupling allows linear movement that typical universal joints do not.
200 bucks for a part that belongs on a lawn tractor ? LOL

Yea..ridiculous aint it.

I agree that the factory coupler is fine and you can rebuild it if it's getting sloppy. Cheaply.

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Steering-Coupler-Repair-Kit-Dodge-Plymouth-Chrysler-A-B-C-E-Bodies-and-RAM-NEW-/370625003205?nma=true&si=6LX%252FBcx04wDFSxGdI8oz7mvC%252FKE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557"]Steering Coupler Repair Kit Dodge Plymouth Chrysler A B C E Bodies and RAM New | eBay[/ame]

Thanks for pointing that out Momoparman. I have been researching steering lately. Should I keep the P/S or not, Different style or not, etc. I read good things about this coupler then you have to point out the price, lol. Good night! Over TWO hundred bucks? I dont think so...

Check out Grainger or an industrial parts house. You can find almost anything in that catalog, i cant figure out how Flaming River sells the power to manual adapter for over 20 bucks...

-
Back