Steering pump cooler

-

Spadman

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
When I got my 1970 Dart it had the ugliest contraption on the ps pump. The lines went through fins to make what I assume is a cooler. Is this stock for a Swinger 340 car with ps? Is it needed?

My 72 318 didnt have one and I have read they went on cars like police cars. I am adding one, the one I bought went on a 2006 Chrysler town and country. Just need to figure out where to mount It.

Do you have any photos of where and how it was mounted

No photos at this time. It goes on a car that is getting new body panels and paint while I am building the motor. The only thing I can say is low on the drivers side. I’m trying to decide whether to put it back on the car or go for a new replacement. It’s been sitting since 1988.

Last edited:
No photos at this time. It goes on a car
Understood. They really are just a tiny radiator. So, unless you’re stuck on having a vintage unit, any that you can mount will really work. I just bought the one I did because its small, has a mounting bracket and is a MOPAR part

When I got my 1970 Dart it had the ugliest contraption on the ps pump. The lines went through fins to make what I assume is a cooler. Is this stock for a Swinger 340 car with ps? Is it needed?
If your interested in selling the cooler let me know. Ill buy it depending on if its the right one I need.

Here‘s a thread from a while back with a little bit of info:

Power Steering Pump Cooler
Thanks for pointing me to the thread. As seen there, my car was a 3.55 posi in a 1970 340 Dart. I guess I’ll keep it for restoration purposes whether I run it for now or not. I know the pump and steering unit were good when pulled in 1988; but now …..,?

Fun fact. I used to work for the company that manufactured these coolers. They are called Blissfield Manufacturing. They had a few sister factories in my area, one of which I worked at. Blissfied is still a company (recently acquired by another company) but their Indiana plants have closed. Would be cool if they‘d repop a few hundred. I might know a guy who would have access to the prints.

Do you have a part number stamped on the bracket?

-
Back