Steering Wheel Modification Thread: Where Did it Go?

-

Dodge74

Reaction score
I was on here a while ago and saw that somebody took an automatic steering column, did some internal and external modifications and it came out pretty cool. Does anyone know what happened to the thread? I'd like to do the same to mine; I'm on a tight budget.

Thanks in advance for the help!:toothy8:

I was on here a while ago and saw that somebody took an automatic steering column, did some internal and external modifications and it came out pretty cool. Does anyone know what happened to the thread? I'd like to do the same to mine; I'm on a tight budget.

Thanks in advance for the help!:toothy8:

Is this thread what you are looking for?

Steering column modification

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=172041&highlight=Steering+column+Modification

No its the one were someone cut the shift lever out and needle indicator and made it look smooth all the way around. There were some internal mods done to;I just can't remember were i had seen it. Boy a'm lost on this one.............. THANKS FOR THE HELP.......
............. PETE ..........

Check RaniDarts build thread.I recall seeing something in that area.

Its not to hard to do, if you have some fabrication / mechanical skills.

I've done two of them. Basically you take the column apart and remove any parts related to the shifter handle, or the gear indicator. As for the Bumps left over from the shifter and indicator, I used a disk sander with a 36 grit disk, to grind them down to nothing. You will have some empty spaces in both areas that will need to be filled in. I used jbweld, then a little bondo over the top, lots of sanding to get things smooth, and then paint.

I could post pics later if you want to see finished results.

This is the only one I could find but there may be others. It talks about the modification and shows one finished column.

Steering column collar swap

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=35827&highlight=shift+collar

Maybe it got moved to the Automotive technical forums, since it was a specific part of a car not an entire vehicle restoration. Some time the administrators move them to there correct area since people seem to get confussed from time to time as to what goes where.

-
Back