Steering Wheel Options????

-

pastortom1

Reaction score
What steering wheel options were available in the A-Bodies anywhoooo?

I LOVE wood grain......I know they were optioned in the RR's and the like, but what about the A's??

Other than the stock wheels, and a few "Tuff" wheels or similar, I don't know what else may have been offered.............

If anyone has a heads up, especially on woodgrains, chime in........:read2:

Heres mine in the 71.

100_0667.jpg

had the rim blow like in the pic above and i know my 69 had a nice looking wood grain wheel.

Is that one in the pic a stock wheel, and is it a "rim blow" by name?

Any others up through the 70's?

Yes a "rim blow" wheel was available on the A-bodies. If you look at the picture you can see the rubber horn ring around the inside perimeter of the wheel. Sometimes hard to drive the car without honking............lol......

I agree that a woodgrain wheel looks very nice.

I like the original "Tuff Wheel", repops are available but they are not as close to an original one. Nice firm grip, smaller wheel, Tuff look! 8) Here is one on our 1970 Dart.

DSC00753.jpg

In 68 the Barracuda had an optional wood grain steering wheel.
Here's a picture out of a dealer brochure.

scan0001 Small Web view.jpg

Sorry the picture isn't very good I scanned it at a low resolution.

scan0001 Small Web view.jpg

My 68 convertible parts car had a wood look wheel, was going to have restored but didn't like the big horn button, so I went aftermarket Grant and like the feel and look

0000whaft.jpg

My 68 convertible parts car had a wood look wheel, was going to have restored but didn't like the big horn button, so I went aftermarket Grant and like the feel and look

Sorry this is probably a dumb question, is that the Grant wheel you speak of in this pic, thats gorgeous!! Do you have a model # of it ? Looks great with your white convert.

-
Back