steering wheel ring swap

-

clementine

Flight risk
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hellooooo FABO!!

Hope you are all doing well on this Monday. My question is.......

Will the horn ring from what I believe to be a 67 Dart/Barracuda swap over to this 69 Super Bee wheel?
Resized_20211114_092115.jpeg
69SB.jpg
Thanks for being you!!
69 SB.jpg

Sounds like you are asking if a 67 steering wheel will fit on a 69 car.

Hold on, hold on......

I get that you are asking if the horn ring and center button will fit the later steering wheel, (presumably you have a great 69 steering wheel but don't like the 69 padding or have a 67 car and the 67 wheel is toast) if you look at the back of the 69 you will see that the spokes are super wide near the center.

So IMHO even if the horn ring would fit it would look ackward.

I know it doesn't answer you question, but to my first statement, perhaps you would be better off getting a wheel and horn ring combo that you like assuming it can be bolted up to the year car you are working on

Sounds like you are asking if a 67 steering wheel will fit on a 69 car.

Hold on, hold on......

I get that you are asking if the horn ring and center button will fit the later steering wheel, (presumably you have a great 69 steering wheel but don't like the 69 padding or have a 67 car and the 67 wheel is toast) if you look at the back of the 69 you will see that the spokes are super wide near the center.

So IMHO even if the horn ring would fit it would look ackward.

I know it doesn't answer you question, but to my first statement, perhaps you would be better off getting a wheel and horn ring combo that you like assuming it can be bolted up to the year car you are working on
Thanks DANADART!
Yeah the interior of the spoke did look a little wide, I dont have the wheel on site, just pics. Indeed the 69 wheel has no cracks where as my 67 wheel has a lunar surface. Looks like ill be doing some PC-7 real soon.

Yeah the interior of the spoke did look a little wide, I dont have the wheel on site, just pics. Indeed the 69 wheel has no cracks where as my 67 wheel has a lunar surface. Looks like ill be doing some PC-7 real soon
Keep looking... Craig's list in so cal would be a good start.

My 67 dart is a so cal car and the wheel looks as good as it did from the factory 54 years ago. Also look at the b bodies some used the same wheel and horn ring. I saw a 67 gtx ( I think) that had all the same interior dash switches and steering wheel and horn button. I can not say for sure they are the same part. Check with the 67 parts book.

I have seen people restore steering wheels with amazing success.

67-68 base model wheel with half horn ring was the same. The 68-69 half horn ring deluxe padded wheel was different

-
Back