Step on the brake pedal and WTF...??

-

dusterdoug

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I hate electrical issues. No, make that HATE them!!

New project car (69 Dart), all STOCK wiring. Wiring harness is so virgin, the car's never had an aftermarket radio! Everything works good, except:

Step on the brake pedal and brake lights are on - good.

But...so is the front parking lights/singnals and turn signal indicators in the dash.

I swear! Also when I activate the turn single lever in either direction, BOTH front parking lights/singnals light up. Not blinking, solid illumination.

I thought I've seen it all, but nooooooooo. Where would you start to track down the issue??

Thanks!

you have your hazard flashers on and the flasher is burnt out...turn off the flashers to solve the first problem...

check the bulbs on brake lights, maybe someone put the wrong bulbs in 1156 instead of 1157 or the lead on the bottom of bulb melted and touching each other

Correct # bulbs everywhere...

Flasher switch is off, BUT you may have "sparked" an idea.

I'll be in the garage shortly...

Definately grounds. Sounds like neither taillights nor front marker lights have grounds. Was there a repaint involved here? If you rely on body panels for ground connections, stuff like this happens.

Changed flasher switch and 1st problem is solved.

Will change non-functional 1157 bulb as soon as I get to the store. A test light says the current is getting there...

-
Back