Stereo suggestions, thoughts, ideas?

-

coffeedart67

Reaction score
I'm sure there is other forums I could ask this on, but you guys won't beat me down because I don't know the answers or if it is a stupid idea. Not sure if this should go here or electrical.
I have an underdash Panasonic 8-track with a fm radio cartridge in my Dart convertible. I would like to put an amp on it to boost the volume a little. What should I look for in an amp(don't want a thumper system)? The 8 track only has wires for 2 speakers, if I add an amp could I then have 4 speakers? I am thinking of finding some better speakers and mounting them under the edge of the rear seat and possibly in the front kick panels. I am also thinking of adding a redirad so I could plug in mp3 or satellite radio.
Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?
Thanks
Aaron

You need an amp with speaker level inputs that will use your existing speaker wires for amp inputs. you should be able to drive four speakers from there. I'm not an expert in this area but do know some. I would talk to an expert (like Crutchfield) before you invest money only to find it won't work together. This should work for what you are trying to do.
As far as speaker location, I did what you are talking about and it worked out great. You will need to do some homework on speaker size goes though because you have very little room to get it right.
Here's a link. On the last page is my install.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=176535&page=2

I saw your thread earlier so I will give you the credit for the rear speaker location. I had thought about gutting the 8 track and hinging the front and putting an am/fm cd player in the housing, but just can't bring myself to do it.
aaron

Check out hi/low RCA converters ,and do some research. The converter drops the higher voltage down,to a 0-1 volt output.This makes it compatible with newer amplifiers. First thing I would do,is play the tape deck & read the voltage at the output leads. My..02....

Aaron, Have you looked at the Custom Audiosound stuff? http://www.customautosound.com/
They have many stereos that give you many options. The Secret Audio setup I put in mounts under the seat or elsewhere. It has Ipod and MP3 inputs and is AM/FM. I went this way so that I had a better radio while still leaving my dash stock looking with the factory AM radio in place. They also offer powered speakers with small subs that will fit under the seats. I almost went with them instead of my rear speakers.

I'm sure there is other forums I could ask this on, but you guys won't beat me down because I don't know the answers or if it is a stupid idea. Not sure if this should go here or electrical.
I have an underdash Panasonic 8-track with a fm radio cartridge in my Dart convertible. I would like to put an amp on it to boost the volume a little. What should I look for in an amp(don't want a thumper system)? The 8 track only has wires for 2 speakers, if I add an amp could I then have 4 speakers? I am thinking of finding some better speakers and mounting them under the edge of the rear seat and possibly in the front kick panels. I am also thinking of adding a redirad so I could plug in mp3 or satellite radio.
Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?
Thanks
Aaron
I sent the radio for my 66 dart convertible to am/fm radios in washington state. They convert it to solid state, all new guys with 45 watts per channel. Has an mp3 plug attached. My question is speaker location?

I have looked some at custom autosound, but I am cheap, and haven't been able to justify the price, yet. I also don't want to many gizmos as I like the simplicity of old cars.

I sent the radio for my 66 dart convertible to am/fm radios in washington state. They convert it to solid state, all new guys with 45 watts per channel. Has an mp3 plug attached. My question is speaker location?

Just seached,

Do you have a link for am/fm or phone#?

Is this it? amandfmradio.com ? LMFAO They are about a mile from where I work.

Thank You,805! That's what I speak of..

yep we have one in the 67 notch with a factory radio. Plumbed it to a mini amp to to 6.5" kick panel speakers. Amp is blacked out and in the original speaker hole with factory bracket.

Attachments

• DSCN3024.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 304
I was at the Verizon store and they were playing tunes through this big red dildo looking speaker. Sounded awesome for its size, right out of a cell phone. Of course you'll have to drive your vert' around with a big red dildo on the passenger seat....:) still rockin Foghat through that 8-track?

I was at the Verizon store and they were playing tunes through this big red dildo looking speaker. Sounded awesome for its size, right out of a cell phone. Of course you'll have to drive your vert' around with a big red dildo on the passenger seat....:) still rockin Foghat through that 8-track?

My girlfriend will love it!!

Probably a Beats tube..no commentary here, I cause enough trouble already....

-
Back