Steve Magnante has been MIA for awhile....here is why:

-
Man, this is awful news. Hopefully he pulls through. I've always liked his quirky demeanor. He obviously knows his ****, but he's not an *** about it and I can certainly respect and appreciate that.

I first met Steve in a scale model club before he was anybody (may have been doing writeups about models in Hot Rod)
At the time he just finished putting a Hemi in his 67 Dart, got a ride in it before he added a passenger seat.

Alan

A friend of mine got a brain infection that came from an insect bite. He was in the hospital and rehab for almost 2 months. It appeared that he got instant dementia, but they found the infection in his brain that was causing his problems. They had to ease the infection out of his brain very slowly, which gave him a better chance at returning to normal. The short version that I got was that if they brought him out of it too quick, there was a great chance that he would stay in the mental state he was in from now on. They figured right, cause he is pretty much back to his old self. Hopefully, they will achieve the same results with Steve.

Get well soon Steve! :thumbsup:

Very glad to hear your friend returned to normal.

This gives me hope Steve will come out of it just like nothing happened and we’ll see him back again on the BJ Auction.

Love him or hate him Uncle Tony made a really GREAT request to help Steve and his family. If you haven't subscribed already to his YouTube Channel ...

Please do so, watch some of his videos and like the ones you like. This is his family's primary source of income. He does get paid for the Barrett-Jackaon work but it's not recurring revenue. Before this all started a month or so ago he was @ 80k subscribers, now at 111k. We are making a difference, however every single like, view and subscription helps. Need to get this out to the bow tie and round oval guys as well...

Wow, don't judge me but being honest, I've never actually seen Steve's stuff (though I imagine i've heard his voice on Barrett Jackson). Subscribed and watching videos now and OMG, his knowledge is incredible and he ain't reading; it's just flowing rapid fire. Amazing book of knowledge. Praying for the best for him.

No judgements from me THAT is exactly why I posted something...
Wow, don't judge me but being honest, I've never actually seen Steve's stuff (though I imagine i've heard his voice on Barrett Jackson). Subscribed and watching videos now and OMG, his knowledge is incredible and he ain't reading; it's just flowing rapid fire. Amazing book of knowledge. Praying for the best for him.
Thanks...!

Anyone heard any "accurate" update?
I saw a video a few minutes back that was listed as being posted 12 hours ago.
I hope that he IS back. He did make a video from inside a building as if it were from a room or hospital bed. I'd imagine being bedridden awhile, he probably lost some weight and muscle so he might appear different. The video I saw, he looks like before so it could be an old video he made but just now released.
The man is a huge asset to the hobby.

KD, i saw the same video. it appeared as though he was in a rehabilitation care or a skilled nursing facility-- judging by the furniture, i'd like to think that magnante has more style and taste than that.

bang-shift had a mention in an article that he was going to be rolling out some truck videos that had been shot before he got sick, so i think that's what's getting put up on his channel.

dude is a huge part of the hobby and i'm glad that he's pulled thru and doing well. hope to see some new videos soon!

Yeah, he does look thinner there. Thanks. That is the one that I saw.

-
Back