sticking needle/seat on Holleys

-

OL DODGE

Reaction score
I am curious-Holley's needle/seat combos can be finicky at the worst times (as in when they stick and you are in traffic and feel it start to load up ),so has anyone found a really good fuel filter or for that matter a better needle/seat set up that seems better than the standard Holley fair. I have a new tank,lines& filter but still seem to get a gremlin every once in a while.The fuel pump is nothing special and fuel pressure is 5-7 pounds. It has happened on other rides of mine in the past so it's not this car nor the gas I use.

I always run sintered bronze filters. Those seem to be about the best filter for holleys. You can either run them in the bowls (if you have dual feed bowls) or buy an after market inline like an earls.
IMG_0178.JPG

Are you sure it is not ethanol in the gas absorbing water and gumming things up? It does not take long.

Sintered bronze.....I will try that! Thanks!! The gas gets cycled through pretty frequently so while I can't rule gum out ,this has happened going back to the early '90's for me. I have used Sunoco,Marathon ,Speedway-all the premium grade -sometimes with octane boost too and has still occured. I am pretty good about keeping things clean around the filler caps . I don't usually see debris in the seat so I put it back together and it will be fine for awhile then suddenly act up so that's what makes me wonder about different needle/ seat options

Sintered bronze.....I will try that! Thanks!! The gas gets cycled through pretty frequently so while I can't rule gum out ,this has happened going back to the early '90's for me. I have used Sunoco,Marathon ,Speedway-all the premium grade -sometimes with octane boost too and has still occured. I am pretty good about keeping things clean around the filler caps . I don't usually see debris in the seat so I put it back together and it will be fine for awhile then suddenly act up so that's what makes me wonder about different needle/ seat options

I found the o rings to be the failure, the gas goes right around the needle and seat...

Last edited:
Has anyone used different material needle and seat ones-I use the viton tipped one but they make a titanium tipped one too and wonder if that may work better..............

-
Back