Stiffer rear suspension

-

dustya_383

Reaction score
So I have 2 quick questions . My first ones wat suspension mods did they do on the formula s. cudas? Particularly 69 notchback. A friends dad has one thats being put back together, and this thing has some tough front and rear suspension all. Original. I mean ima good 235lbs and i can sit on the front fender and this car will not move an inch I do that on either of Myy dusters it's going down at least 2 or 3 inches. Also I noticed it had coil overs in The rear is that factory. But believe out still had the rear leafs as well .

My second question is wat can I do to make mine duster handle like a wet dream??? I'm doing coil overs in the front along with front and rear sway bars. But wat can i do for the rear? Is there a way to do coil overs in. The rear without
Doing a 4 link? I want this car to handle the curves without feeling like the car is gonna roll. Over thanks guys

Coil overs are not factory and no you'll have to switch to 4 link to run coil overs. If you want it to handle really well the hotchkis TVS setup will do wonders for you (just ask autoxcuda). If you have a rear coil over the rms street lynx setup is very good (ask Abodyjoe). As far as you car moving that could be you have worn out shocks or the other car as stiffer torsion bar/coilovers.

Yeah, you have tried to push the rear of my duster down and that is just SS springs and drag shocks in the rear. I don't know if stiff and handels well go with each other.

So if I'm running coilovers up front wats a good rear shock to compliment that?? I have oe leafs right now and it's sitting pretty low as I flipped the front hanger I know a sway bar wil help significantly . But want to know what shock to go with also wat coilovers to go with in the front as well and how do I know what length
And spring rate that I need??

Also will cal tracs help with swaybar better springs and shocks or is cal tracs not needed

So if I'm running coilovers up front wats a good rear shock to compliment that?? I have oe leafs right now and it's sitting pretty low as I flipped the front hanger I know a sway bar wil help significantly . But want to know what shock to go with also wat coilovers to go with in the front as well and how do I know what length
And spring rate that I need??

coilover is a shock. In the year you mean? Could run 3 way adjustables. Spring rate for coil overs in front I think would be heavier then rear. Rear I think would be 110-140lbs and front is in 200-300s I think. Check Mad Darts build should be in there.

Also will cal tracs help with swaybar better springs and shocks or is cal tracs not needed

Cal Tracs is more for racing, I do not think it will help handling on the street, but a full Cal tracs system from mono leafs down is almost same price as 4 link....but jsut the cal tracs is like 400

What I don't undestand is WHY ANYONE would sit on the fender of someone elses 69 notchback Cuda? WTF?

What I don't undestand is WHY ANYONE would sit on the fender of someone elses 69 notchback Cuda? WTF?

Very close friend of mine , didn't litterally sit on the fender. Car is disassembled with sundried paint on it I'm saying that If I were to sit on it or put my weight on it as I'm 6 ft 235 lbs it doesn't move an inch

Had me wonderin.

Very close friend of mine , didn't litterally sit on the fender. Car is disassembled with sundried paint on it I'm saying that If I were to sit on it or put my weight on it as I'm 6 ft 235 lbs it doesn't move an inch

Had me wonderin.

Yeah I wouldn't sit on the fender of anyone's car after they put precious time and money building it just out of respect , hell I wouldn't on my own car lol but mine is on jack stand and bare metal so I may sit from time to time lol ( more sitting and less workin on the damn thing lol)

-
Back