still back fireing

-

clairday modtop

there's no car like mopar
Reaction score
ok i changed out my carb and checked the timeing and its still backfire when i bearly press the gas. it was runing good at first and bam it started this. idale smoth untill i give it gas.

It could be a lean condition creating the pop through the intake. A rich condition will do the same thing as a lean condition. What color are the plugs?

well guys i rechecked everything and when i pulled the dis-cap i seen the problem lol. i should of seen it before but thats how it goes. now there's one more thing we can add to the backfiring issue. heres what i found. the white wire was rubbing the gear and wore it into two. i spliced it back togethere for now and it runs great.

hvb 004.jpg

That's 1 that would definitely be hard to figure out, but if a person trouble shoots a car correctly, it's bound to show up.
Most of the time it is really simple stuff like that, but if it's not electrical or fuel, usually a vacuum gauge will help find valve train issues or any other low vacuum issues.

It's surprising to me that people don't use vacuum gauges to help diagnose problems more often?

Mark.

i just took it done the road and it ran good but i did have one spell were it backfired 3x in a row but i beleve thats because my pips r cut off behind my front seats. im runing just fenderwall headers and 3 feet of pipes off them fore now.

-
Back