Still think electric cars is the way to go?

-
Like most captioned pictures on the internet, this isn’t true. The cars are there because the ride-sharing company that owned them went out of business. The cars in good condition were sold off, the ones that were older and in poor condition didn’t sell. And the batteries were removed, their storage in that field has nothing to do with their batteries.

Do you guys ever actually check to see is something is true before you post it? Or do you just repost everything you see that confirms your biases?

Were These Electric Cars Abandoned Because Their Batteries Failed? | Snopes.com

Question,
Where is the fact check for Snopes comments? They are very biased. All sides have their own agendas.

Now, a low rpm diesel generator engine powering wheel mounted electric motors. No batteries to mine lithium for, no toxic disposal, etc. Those engines with little load and low rpm will last very long time and use very little fuel.

Question,
Where is the fact check for Snopes comments? They are very biased. All sides have their own agendas.

Now, a low rpm diesel generator engine powering wheel mounted electric motors. No batteries to mine lithium for, no toxic disposal, etc. Those engines with little load and low rpm will last very long time and use very little fuel.

Yes they are and quite liberally biased, too. It's so evident it's pathetic.

What if the thing just "shorts out" it would get hot real quick, the floorboards would glow red and fry every thing inside...I know I watch too much TV...:)

Check and see what a replacement battery is going to cost you. Hope you're sitting down
May not be all that bad, I bought a Prius with two yrs left on the battery warranty. I had some problems until I called a friend who told me that I didn’t have to replace the whole battery @$3500 because you could replace only the bad cells. $150 later,Guess what?

Snopes? Really ??

1 laugh 3.jpg

1 laugh 4.jpg

1 laugh 2.jpg

1 laugh 1.jpg

I thought you were military? Did you puss out there too when the going got rough?

There are tons of studies that show evidence that humans are responsible for a majority of warming and that humans are responsible for only a very small percentage. If you sift through the BS, it's pretty evident that those who subscribe to the theory that humans are responsible for most of it are funded by special interests. I'll just stop "right there".
Ok I’m confused “humans are responsible for the global warming and that humans are responsible for only a small percentage “
Am I missing something ??

Ok I’m confused “humans are responsible for the global warming and that humans are responsible for only a small percentage “
Am I missing something ??

No. I am saying there are reputable studies showing both ends of the spectrum. Get it?

May not be all that bad, I bought a Prius with two yrs left on the battery warranty. I had some problems until I called a friend who told me that I didn’t have to replace the whole battery @$3500 because you could replace only the bad cells. $150 later,I will guess that his battery is very similar ?

Question,

Where was the fact check for the original post? What was its source? It’s a random meme probably harvested from Facebook or Twitter. So words on a picture and it must be true? No one questioned for a second if it was real.

Sorry if reality and facts offend your delicate sensibilities, you’re free to do your own fact checking. Here’s a Reuters source, apparently fox hasn’t bothered to fact check it, the original mistaken post probably fits their narrative better

Fact Check-Electric cars taken off French roads due to contract termination, not battery fault

What would really be nice is if you guys actually fact checked nonsense like this before you post it, instead of just reposting everything you see that fits into your echo-chamber.

I agree that there are some instances of incorrect information but to use SNOPES as a source is like quoting CNN on anything.

Electric yes Lithium batteries no a lot of research is being put into converting Hydrogen into liquid fuel more like petrol 1 of the problems with hydrogen power in Australia is the storage & transportation of Hydrogen more over at Kitco To overcome infrastructure challenges that could hamper fuel cell electric vehicle adoption, Umicore and Anglo American Platinum announced a research drive to simplify hydrogen storage and use in fuel cell electric vehicles.

Electric yes Lithium batteries no a lot of research is being put into converting Hydrogen into liquid fuel more like petrol 1 of the problems with hydrogen power in Australia is the storage & transportation of Hydrogen more over at Kitco To overcome infrastructure challenges that could hamper fuel cell electric vehicle adoption, Umicore and Anglo American Platinum announced a research drive to simplify hydrogen storage and use in fuel cell electric vehicles.

I'd rather go with a small reactor than hydrogen. So far, it's proven itself very safe for the amount of energy it produces.

Where was the fact check for the original post? What was its source? It’s a random meme probably harvested from Facebook or Twitter. So words on a picture and it must be true? No one questioned for a second if it was real.

Sorry if reality and facts offend your delicate sensibilities, you’re free to do your own fact checking. Here’s a Reuters source, apparently fox hasn’t bothered to fact check it, the original mistaken post probably fits their narrative better

Fact Check-Electric cars taken off French roads due to contract termination, not battery fault

What would really be nice is if you guys actually fact checked nonsense like this before you post it, instead of just reposting everything you see that fits into your echo-chamber.

Neither my nor @Kern Dog posts had anything to do with the Original Post about a stash of unused car. Our replies were about Snopes being the end all authority. I said they are biased and all sides have their own agenda.

If the Earth is a ball then anywhere you are at is the high point, and it's all downhill to anyplace else; I mean nominally. I mean 8inches per mile squared is pretty steep in the end. It seems to me we could all be driving Flintstone cars........... lol.

If the Earth is a ball then anywhere you are at is the high point, and it's all downhill to anyplace else; I mean nominally. I mean 8inches per mile squared is pretty steep in the end. It seems to me we could all be driving Flintstone cars........... lol.
Oh, you have nothing to fear but sphere itself!

come on, we've been over this
the earth is round, just like a pancake

Hydrogen could be alternate fuel source, but there is energy required to convert and capture it. California promoted H cars with heavy subsidies, but there are few stations and supply of H is spotty. Nobody fully commits to one energy source. You might be able to cruise around a city with electric car ok. Doing construction work or long haul trucking you need diesel power. I sure would not drive around rural midwest in electric vehicle in winter.

Same issue with battery powered drills and other tools.

Standardized batteries would certainly help.
Hey go check out "name that member" thread, I put you in it. That's Fred !

Here's a thought; 1) Un-subsidize everything so I don't have to share the cost. 2) Estimate the cost of ownership out to say 100,000 miles, on each type of vehicle, including 3) the number of hours I am gonna have to work, just to own/drive whatever type of vehicle I choose; 4) Then let the chips fall where they may.

As long as we the commoners are "chipping in" to big business, they are gonna do whatever they please. Make them pay their owndaymn way.

When the true cost of ownerships are plainly visible, electric cars will suffer a swift and unpleasant demise.

What we really need is to get us some flying-saucer technology, lol. I mean;
>mile-wide hovercraft,
>dead silent propulsion systems and
>zero to lightspeed faster than the eye can follow.
> With no sonic booms,
> cloaking ability,
> and no visible filling stations;
Are you kidding!

-
Back