Still think electric cars is the way to go?

-

Mark Wainwright

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
elec cars.png

Same issue with battery powered drills and other tools.

Standardized batteries would certainly help.

There is no "green" in any of this electric car stuff. The mines to get the Lithium. The power plants to increase electricity to charge all these cars. When these batteries go bad there is no good solutions for that. I have not stuck my head in the sand as far as pollution but, I feel we are missing the boat on alternative fuel sources for one of the best inventions of man kind...the internal combustion engine like hydrogen. Just my 2 cents...

Our son doesn't give a **** about green.

He bought one because it's loaded up with tech gadgetry.

...and it's fast as hell.

People buy it because they are not taught critical thinking anymore

They buy into the lie that that are green, and don't look down the line
Yup, because the government and "special interest groups" have browbeaten the public into believing the lies about global warming and climate change, how we're all going to die some horrible death. News flash, we ARE all going to die eventually, but not from some idiotic made up catastrophe. The climate is changing and has been for thousands of years, the fact that governments have found yet another way to tax the public to feed their ever increasing thirsts for more and more of our money is the real problem. We're paying more for less and less, while our tax dollars are given away to other countries, why do we not have a mechanism to stop this abuse? Instead we are coerced into believing in "green" energy, which is anything but.

^^Every word written in this thread is **** that I said or thought.......about battery powered whatevers..........^^

Like most captioned pictures on the internet, this isn’t true. The cars are there because the ride-sharing company that owned them went out of business. The cars in good condition were sold off, the ones that were older and in poor condition didn’t sell. And the batteries were removed, their storage in that field has nothing to do with their batteries.

Do you guys ever actually check to see is something is true before you post it? Or do you just repost everything you see that confirms your biases?

Were These Electric Cars Abandoned Because Their Batteries Failed? | Snopes.com

Not mentioned, the environmental issues caused by battery production.
Will we start encasing batteries in concrete like we did with nuclear waste. Big picture, they aren’t emitting carbon from fossil fuel consumption
Yup, because the government and "special interest groups" have browbeaten the public into believing the lies about global warming and climate change, how we're all going to die some horrible death. News flash, we ARE all going to die eventually, but not from some idiotic made up catastrophe. The climate is changing and has been for thousands of years, the fact that governments have found yet another way to tax the public to feed their ever increasing thirsts for more and more of our money is the real problem. We're paying more for less and less, while our tax dollars are given away to other countries, why do we not have a mechanism to stop this abuse? Instead we are coerced into believing in "green" energy, which is anything but.
no belief in global warming ? I’m out

Like most captioned pictures on the internet, this isn’t true. The cars are there because the ride-sharing company that owned them went out of business. The cars in good condition were sold off, the ones that were older and in poor condition didn’t sell. And the batteries were removed, their storage in that field has nothing to do with their batteries.

Do you guys ever actually check to see is something is true before you post it? Or do you just repost everything you see that confirms your biases?

You're right, but I still don't buy into that whole electric vehicle craze that suggests that it will mostly solve climate change.
That's the big lie being sold to the masses..........

The fact remains that they are no “greener” than a model T.

That’s not a fact at all, that’s just your opinion. If it were a fact, you could support it with actual data, not random memes from the internet.

Electric cars aren’t going to “save the planet” like some claim, that’s true. But neither will doing nothing. Battery technology is still improving, lithium batteries will be obsolete in 10 years. Internal combustion engines are pretty much tapped out for improvements.

Will we start encasing batteries in concrete like we did with nuclear waste. Big picture, they aren’t emitting carbon from fossil fuel consumption

Lithium batteries can be recycled. It’s an expensive process so it’s not done widely enough at the moment to handle the current level of production. But pretty soon it will be be necessary, because at the current rate of lithium production we’ll have run out of lithium in about 20 years.

But again, getting hung up on lithium is short sighted, as there is new battery tech already in the works to replace it.

You're right, but I still don't buy into that whole electric vehicle craze that suggests that it will mostly solve climate change.
That's the big lie being sold to the masses..........
Yes, at time warming was questionable .now it is almost accepted by all scientists . Anyway, do we really want to take that chance ? It’s like what Elon Musk said when he was asked about God, I don’t believe in God per se
But I will entertain the thought just in case.

Yeah I've been seein it on Facebook a lot lately. First thing I did was fact check it. I knew it was BS when I saw it here, but no sense in saying anything......

Still I agree that overall one type of energy is no more "green" than the other. Mining lithium sure leaves big holes in the ground though.

That’s not a fact at all, that’s just your opinion. If it were a fact, you could support it with actual data, not random memes from the internet.

Electric cars aren’t going to “save the planet” like some claim, that’s true. But neither will doing nothing. Battery technology is still improving, lithium batteries will be obsolete in 10 years. Internal combustion engines are pretty much tapped out for improvements.

Lithium batteries can be recycled. It’s an expensive process so it’s not done widely enough at the moment to handle the current level of production. But pretty soon it will be be necessary, because at the current rate of lithium production we’ll have run out of lithium in about 20 years.

But again, getting hung up on lithium is short sighted, as there is new battery tech already in the works to replace it.

I've said this since I was in school. When someone comes up with a SOLAR powered vehicle they'll be on to something. Even then though, what do you do at night? Gotta have batteries. Hydrogen? Or a small reactor? lol Plasma technology? This ain't Star Trek. We're "a ways" from that yet. So far, oil is the best we got. And yes, before you say it, that's my opinion. lol

There are other sources of man made fuels these engines will run on, alcohol-ethanol..both burn cleaner and, our farmers would benefit greatly instead of some camel jockey over seas...

I clearly stated that the climate is changing, and has been for thousands of years, the point being that the government and all the chicken littles of the world are not going to stop it by taxing the public. Want to do something about it? Stop the Chinese and India pollution by not buying cheaply made crap.

They aren't affordable either. I knew a feller that had a hybrid, the batteries went bad in like 4 years, he unloaded it and got another car.

I've said this since I was in school. When someone comes up with a SOLAR powered vehicle they'll be on to something. Even then though, what do you do at night? Gotta have batteries. Hydrogen? Or a small reactor? lol Plasma technology? This ain't Star Trek. We're "a ways" from that yet. So far, oil is the best we got. And yes, before you say it, that's my opinion. lol
MIT students made solar cars but the other necessary technology was weak. I think something like a solar car with batteries would work. I couldn’t believe that the brits have developed a elec motor that weighs 22 lbs and puts out 300 hp !!!!!!! Can you imagine two of them in an a body 600 wheel hp and
Easy 9 seconds. This is exactly what Tesla has done. I believe the roadster runs sub 9 second times

Hydrogen, the guy who came up with the hydrogen car , who was an extremely prolific inventor who had 28000 inventions, that he said came from God, stood up in a restaurant where he was dining with potential Belgian investors stood up and cried “
they’ve killed me” and fell over dead. The were many questions about the autopsy which said that a vessel in his brain blew out. Hydrogen power would change the balance of world power. I don’t doubt for one minute that somebody like the Saudies
We’re behind it . Can you even think of what the implications would be if no one needed Saudi oil anymore.

OR , a power source based loosely on perpetual motion. I did not say true perpetual motion which must not produce or need heat to work or is completely silent, but and apparatus that only needs a small amount of energy to be maintain motion.

We have to do something, USA, China,
Australia etc. still butn millions of tons of coal to produce energy. I can’t think of a better way carbon gets into the atmosphere and oceans. Coal “scrubbers” cost a billion each . We spend trillions else where but for some reason don’t want to install scrubbers. Ok , eventually we can use more renewable sources of energy, but that’s a problem as 3rd countries cannot
afford the infrastructure for electricalgrid, so we will still be burning coal for a while.
I believe that elec cars are definitely a step in the right direction but not an end all. We have made incredibly
Huge leaps in technology. Although fire was discovered millions of years ago, depending on whether you are a creationist of evolutionist. Mans use of fire in a controlled manner for specific purposes is 5-6 k years old. We went from that to something that you hold In
Your hand that you can communicate any where in the world. Also a Mars colony in 20 yrs could be an option, according to Elon Musk, which everyone should take very seriously.both he and Bill are convinced that catastrophic events such as nukes , pandemics, virus engineered by the Chinese. Plant blight, nuclear winters. are on the way. That’s why Musk Is working on Space X so hard and why Gates is buying huge tracts of arable farm lands, to corner the market on food in order to facilitate a one government world order.
Don’t laugh at the Chinese are in a frienzied attempt to collect every ones DNA, possible to create viruses that wipe out everyone except for select populations, or even n an attempt to corner the
market on dna manipulation to stamp out diseases to create meds to help humanity. Basically corner the market on “immortality . I have given my son lots of advice through the years. Now when he asks me how to be a solid citizen and contribute to society, I tell him “son the world is spinning out of control , things are are happening too fast, we’re all in uncharted territory “

Last edited:
This is proof electric cars CAN work. Still though, this is a far cry from everyday transportation. Still cool as heck though.

I thought you were military? Did you puss out there too when the going got rough?

There are tons of studies that show evidence that humans are responsible for a majority of warming and that humans are responsible for only a very small percentage. If you sift through the BS, it's pretty evident that those who subscribe to the theory that humans are responsible for most of it are funded by special interests. I'll just stop "right there".

MIT students made solar cars but the other necessary technology was weak. I think something like a solar car with batteries would work. I couldn’t believe that the brits have developed a elec motor that weighs 22 lbs and puts out 300 hp !!!!!!! Can you imagine two of them in an a body 600 wheel hp and
Easy 9 seconds. This is exactly what Tesla has done. I believe the roadster runs sub 9 second times

Hydrogen, the guy who came up with the hydrogen car , who was an extremely prolific inventor who had 28000 inventions, that he said came from God, stood up in a restaurant where he was dining with potential Belgian investors stood up and cried “
they’ve killed me” and fell over dead. The were many questions about the autopsy which said that a vessel in his brain blew out. Hydrogen power would change the balance of world power. I don’t doubt for one minute that somebody like the Saudies
We’re behind it . Can you even think of what the implications would be if no one needed Saudi oil anymore.

OR , a power source based loosely on perpetual motion. I did not say true perpetual motion which must not produce or need heat to work or is completely silent, but and apparatus that only needs a small amount of energy to be maintain motion.

We have to do something, USA, China,
Australia etc. still butn millions of tons of coal to produce energy. I can’t think of a better way carbon gets into the atmosphere and oceans. Coal “scrubbers” cost a billion each . We spend trillions else where but for some reason don’t want to install scrubbers. Ok , eventually we can use more renewable sources of energy, but that’s a problem as 3rd countries cannot
afford the infrastructure for electricalgrid, so we will still be burning coal for a while.
I believe that elec cars are definitely a step in the right direction but not an end all. We have made incredibly
Huge leaps in technology. Although fire was discovered millions of years ago, depending on whether you are a creationist of evolutionist. Mans use of fire in a controlled manner for specific purposes is 5-6 k years old. We went from that to something that you hold In
Your hand that you can communicate any where in the world. Also a Mars colony in 20 yrs could be an option, according to Elon Musk, which everyone should take very seriously.both he and Bill are convinced that catastrophic events such as nukes , pandemics, virus engineered by the Chinese. Plant blight, nuclear winters. are on the way. That’s why Musk Is working on Space X so hard and why Gates is buying huge tracts of arable farm lands, to corner the market on food in order to facilitate a one government world order.
Don’t laugh at the Chinese are in a frienzied attempt to collect every ones DNA, possible to create viruses that wipe out everyone except for select populations, or even n an attempt to corner the
market on dna manipulation to stamp out diseases to create meds to help humanity. Basically corner the market on “immortality . I have given my son lots of advice through the years. Now when he asks me how to be a solid citizen and contribute to society, I tell him “son the world is spinning out of control , things are are happening too fast, we’re all in uncharted territory “

Oh, good. I thought it was "I'm out" since somebody didn't believe in global warming. Nice to see you toughing it out.

Oh, good. I thought it was "I'm out" since somebody didn't believe in global warming. Nice to see you toughing it out.
What I should have said was , hold that thought I need to think about it for a bit. Because of my hardheaded ness, won’t take no for a answer, and not giving up has worked well. Lol

-
Back