Still Trying for the 68 rocker "spears"

-

Topless Shark

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0451709737&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I hope this link works! It is an E-Bay add for rocker mouldings that the seller claims will replace a Mopar PN 2807906 for a 68-72 Dart. They are 75 1/4" long and 3/4" wide with a triangular shape. They would obviously have to be cut shorter, but do any of you folks think they could be made to work as the "spears" coming forward from the gills of a 1968 Barracuda?

The real thing is impossible to find, and the closest thing I have so far is a CHEVY part. I think I can make it work, but the Shark is warning me about putting Chevy parts on him.

I haven't been able to find anyone locally that can show me a cross section of this PN 2807906, so I hope that someone here is familiar enough with it to give me an educated guess about whether the two pieces are close enough to try and make it work.

Thanks

I saw a '68 last year at the Mopar Nats that had those spears (or very close to those) and they looked decent at best. The biggest problem was how they fit onto the gill. Not the CORRECT shape & looked generic to me, but most people probably wont notice. Hope this helps. Oh yeah, PLEASE dont use any chevy crap on your beloved PLYMOUTH!

DSCF2959.JPG

There was a guy selling a restored set on ebay a few weeks ago along with some other top quality 68 Barracuda trim. Top notch restored by Alltrim.

The spears are two different lengths I'm told. Somewhere I saw the length measurement to ID each. Maybe on that ebay listing. One is a little longer than the other. The longer one is early and the front wheel lip trim molding stops short of the bottom of the fender to meet it. The later one is shorter and the wheel lip molding goes all the way to the bottom like all the other 67-69 front wheel lip moldings.

I have the longer moldings and the front lip molding is shorter. My car has a Nov 14, 1967 SPD date.

Also the rear wheel lip molding is shorter so the gill can fit on top of it. The guy one ebay also had a set of those restored for sale. It would not be too hard to cut the moldings short to fit sense it's covered anyway.

CudaRockerGill.JPG

My 73 Valiant still has rocker mouldings on it like you are looking at on ebay.
Those are nothing like the 68 cuda spear. The spear is much smaller. You could cover a spear with the Valiant moulding. LOL I say keep on searching.

-
Back