Still waiting on a title

-

4doordart

I got an email from the site yesterday about how I was missed here... Really, it's just because I am still waiting on a title. I can't see working on my '74 4 door /6 Dart if there is no chance of getting it registered. It is a long drawn out process in NY, and I hope to see the end of it soon. Then I'll be back!

My most recent experience was changing out the ignition cylinder because I lost the key. It wasn't too bad to do, but it was just frustrating because I could not find the original key. It came up because we needed to move the Dart before the snow came and get it out of the way of where we plow snow. That was months ago. Of course, we're still waiting for snow!

Good luck with all the A-bodies folks. I hope to be back later this year no doubt with more questions. Thanks!

Frank

Yep, you were being missed here!!! What have you been waiting on longer, the snow or that pesky title?? Whats the holdup on the title?? Not getting cooperation from the PO or is it in the hands of the DMV?? Hope whoever it is picks up the pace a little and gets a poor enthusiast his papers so you can get busy!!! By the way, you don't need a title, or even an A body to hang here, you just need the love!!! Hurry back when you get it all settled!! Geof

You need to turn the squeeky wheels and wake'm up a little.

Yep, you were being missed here!!! What have you been waiting on longer, the snow or that pesky title?? Whats the holdup on the title?? Not getting cooperation from the PO or is it in the hands of the DMV?? Hope whoever it is picks up the pace a little and gets a poor enthusiast his papers so you can get busy!!! By the way, you don't need a title, or even an A body to hang here, you just need the love!!! Hurry back when you get it all settled!! Geof

This title thing is a long story, so in a nutshell, I bought this baby 4 years ago with the promise I'd get a title for it "soon." With so many other projects on the go, it wasn't on the front burner until earlier in 2011 when I could see a window to work on it. I had tried over time to get the transferable registration, but it was this guy's mother's car, they couldn't find it, they went to DMV and got another one (they said), then couldn't find that one. It was like they just didn't give a hoot. So i started this long drawn out process with NYS to get the title. I think I'll have it by Spring 2012, but no guarantees. When I do get it, I have to either clean or replace the fuel tank, I have to swap the tranny out (I have a replacement), and get the old /6 running. From there, I need a new front driver's side floor, a new seat, and just a bunch of cosmetic work. It's a nice straight car and worth bringing back.

We hustled around to move it before it snowed but so far snow has only been a whimper. 3 degrees here this morning though!

Thanks!

Frank

Mine doesn't Ted, but I have a '23 ford, and it has a transferable registration. Once I get the title on the Dart, I can get it registered with a bill of sale, and I think I get a transferable registration then. Otherwise, how do they transfer ownership of these vehicles?

Frank

you transfer ownership with the title on 1973 and newer vehicles in NY

Oh, okay, that's apparently why I am waiting for a title! It's been a while, but hopefully coming to a resolution by Spring 2012. You know, the real spring, no matter how warm and snow-less it's been around here lately. Screwy weather for sure, but don't get me wrong, very enjoyable!

Frank

-
Back