stock. 1/4 mile sound accurate

-

dustya_383

Reaction score
Did a qtr mile run today. Used an application from my phone to tell me my times and hp. . Its a stock 360(for now) with headers and performer intake and holley 4bbl that's all. . Oh and not to mention baby high way gears. .said I had about 161 hp. To the wheels. And .196 to the crank. . .and a time of 15.87 seconds. . .sound accurate??

I'd say use your phone to call someone with a Gtech or reserve a spot at a track rental :D.

I think you should be faster than that. Closer to 14.90-15.10 give or take.

I am running mid to high 14's easy with my slightly warmed over 318 in my Duster with 3.21 gears.

That motor, with those add ons and considering a stock .400" lift cam, should probably make 240 or so at the crank, 175-185 at the wheels. I think high14s are within range. Make sure you have 15 to 17 degrees initial timing into it and go run it at the track. I think you will see a better number.

What was your mph? That will be the tell tale sign of whats going on.

When mine was stone stock, even the tq carb, with a set of cheap headers. I had 2.94 open rear and ran 14.5's all day long at 92-93 mph.

I dont know that i would trust what the phone is saying. A gforce on the other hand are pretty close to accurate.

Check your timing, air filter, and plugs and any other simple checks. Take to the track and dial it in. Definately have low 14 potential, by the sounds of it.

Did a qtr mile run today. Used an application from my phone to tell me my times and hp. . Its a stock 360(for now) with headers and performer intake and holley 4bbl that's all. . Oh and not to mention baby high way gears. .said I had about 161 hp. To the wheels. And .196 to the crank. . .and a time of 15.87 seconds. . .sound accurate??

I would say your closer to 200 at the wheels, maybe a tad more, plus the torque of the 360 helps, i'd say mid-high 14s should be a better estimate.

-
Back