Stock Intake Manifold

-

Tof

Reaction score
Hi misters,

well excuse me for the disturb but i have a doubt with my intake , effectively its a stock intake in 2bbl and i see two hole in the drain .

There is a big hole with a threading and a other hole next without threading , and my question i do block the two hole or not and how ?

For the big hole ok i doing a screw but for the small hole without threading how ?

Coordialy , Tof

570as.jpg

Those holes are called "EGR floor holes" (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) The threaded side is supposed to have a cylinder with holes screwed into it. The otherside was left as you see it.

You can just use a plug on the threaded side. Install the head of the screw flush with the floor.
In the other, non threaded side, it is possible to thread it and and plug it like the threaded side.

These holes are for emmission purposes. The idea of tapping the exhaust gas and reroute the gas back into the cylinders to be reburned in order to reduce emmisions.

hi master Rumble ,

effectively its the Egr system and for the big hole threaded i receved a screw , for the small i do buy a tool for made a thread and torque a screw .

Thanks !

LOL, Thanks and I don't know. He'll probably get a metric size tap and plug since he's in France. Hey, whatever works right!

You could run an expoy or JBweld or something, but if anything flakes off.......Boooom!

If you take the time and effort ti cut threads and run flush set screws, it's permanat, perament, In there for good. Lock tight is a wonderful item. Coat the threads and forget it. Done!

-
Back