Stock Market

-
What do you guys think about the comercial real estate market in these big cities ? With all these people working from home and not having to commute to the high rise cubical farm, I hardley believe that when the floor lease is up in these skyscrapers that the company will renew their lease. What will become of all the empty buildings downtown ? Your thoughts ?

What do you guys think about the comercial real estate market in these big cities ? With all these people working from home and not having to commute to the high rise cubical farm, I hardley believe that when the floor lease is up in these skyscrapers that the company will renew their lease. What will become of all the empty buildings downtown ? Your thoughts ?

That's a really valid concern.
When Covid hit, I got outta anything commercial real-estate.
I recently saw a dude talking about the conversion to luxury suites, with retail on the ground. That's a lotta suites, lol
Put the homeless in them, lol
Lotta Mutual Fund managers will be sweating, lotta people should be reviewing what their funds hold.

Remember folks, some funds by rule, have to be100% invested, even when the value is going down.

I'm sure it was, how many is that now?!
Actual car's, 3 maybe 4. I really wish that folks would learn what the term rust free really means, when a car has rusty quarter panels and or fenders that doesn't make it rust free.

My father is 79 years old he has been a day trader since the last 25 years all he has done is mutual funds...he keeps a smile on his face....sometimes he pulls$$$ 3 times a week....some payouts are $600 or $700....but he is ok with small hits...they all add up
...I told him I would hate to be his broker....he bothers him constantly lmfao....Pops is a true numbers guy....wish I was

My father is 79 years old he has been a day trader since the last 25 years all he has done is mutual funds...he keeps a smile on his face....sometimes he pulls$$$ 3 times a week....some payouts are $600 or $700....but he is ok with small hits...they all add up
...I told him I would hate to be his broker....he bothers him constantly lmfao....Pops is a true numbers guy....wish I was

Yeah, I started out day trading, "scalping" beta stocks trying to make 25¢ off a 1000 shares.
4 trades a day was a $1000 less broker fee of $40 ish each way.
Learned quality over quantity .

Last edited:
Two of my best performers are commercial real estate.

One did so well, paying about 11%, that the board of directors took it back to private status a couple of years ago.
Was NOT happy about that.

The other currently pays 13.25% and has weathered the market fairly well since I got in in 2017.
I did sell 30% of my holdings right before "the tank" of 2020.
That has turned out to be a six vs half a dozen move.
I still have 1000 shares, though and the value on that is up $4000.

Once again Markets all time highs .
S&P 500 at highs, AND THERE ARE NO S&P STOCKS at LOWS.
Thats unheard of.
The Fed is on "hold" on interest rate increases.
The next interest rate move is expected to be down, which bodes well for Mortgage rates, and the Stock Market.
Inflation is holding 3%ish.
Unemployment hasn't been this low since 1969 I believe.
Savings accounts are now paying interest, haven't seen that in a decade+.
5 yr Bond is over 4%ish .
New home sales skyrocketing.
Walmart sales are record highs.Visa sales are at max, and late Visa payments have stopped lagging.
The consumer is spending big-time.

3 1/2 yrs ago the nation was locked down dealing with Covid.
The government sheltered, fed, clothed everyone, paid medical and funeral costs, - businesses were closed, sickness, disease everywhere.

Since then the Fed went Nuts and raised interest rates in a manner never experienced before., our worst nightmare, but necessary as low rates had screwed everything.
Our economy is NOW the best in, - and the envy of the world.

We have the best economy in the world .

Stupid NVDA broke thru $800 a coupla weeks ago, now is thru $900.
The "magnificent" 7 stocks seems to have been reduced to 5, as Tesla and Apple seem to be lagging. - the great news is all stocks are rising.
The trickle down effect is in reverse, min wage went up, now every one else in the chain gets a raise, from truck drivers to street sweepers, consumer prices go up, retail gouging , finally us.

I took positions in ANET, UBER, and PLTR.
The Army just took interest in Palantir, it is an Artificial Intelligence system to remotely control weapons systems on land, like Aegis defence system on ships.

All with a "stop loss" which made me some $$$ when I got stopped outta Boeing and Tesla.

Due Diligence

The chart shows where the Fed started raising rates 2022.
Yet we survived.

Screenshot_20240307-122614.png

Last edited:
When I’m out, I’m anxious that I should be in. I’m all in now and I’m anxious about getting out! “Overvalued” yet here I am. SMCI & NVDA popped in overtime today. We’ll see where we are in the morning.

I bough LYV in Nov 22 and have been waiting since then to get my money back.

Still not there :(

Seemed logical- recovery after covid.

I bough LYV in Nov 22 and have been waiting since then to get my money back.

Still not there :(

Seemed logical- recovery after covid.

I first entered around there, got stopped out a while later,
Re-entered a coupla month ago, doing okay so far, set a stop.
I think we'll be fine .

AMD was on the move this morning! I’m always late to the J curve and leave when it smells asymptotic . Most of the time too early.

Man, i'm jealous of people that make money in the market... i lost 20k over the last 2 years and quit.. Learning options will poke you right in the pooper... feels good at first but ends up more than the tip :)

AMD was on the move this morning! I’m always late to the J curve and leave when it smells asymptotic . Most of the time too early.

I started with 4 monitors, about a dozen "studies", macd, rsi, stocastic?, yada.
I learned that they all have the same info, just different picture.
Soon one = the other = the other, if you knew what to look for.
Trimmed it down to 2 exponential Moving Averages, one 3, other 13 ( magic Fibonacci #s), when lines cross is sorta my trigger, with fear and common sense as guide. Lol.

Man, i'm jealous of people that make money in the market... i lost 20k over the last 2 years and quit.. Learning options will poke you right in the pooper... feels good at first but ends up more than the tip :)

My first 3 trys cost me about $10k each, learning to successfully day trade back late 90's.
Still get kicked in the nuts occasionally.
Learning and having the discipline to use the safety tools offered to avoid/mitigate loss.
( Stop loss, trailing stop loss, an opposite option to "straddle" the stock price so whichever way it goes is to your benefit.

My first 3 trys cost me about $10k each, learning to successfully day trade back late 90's.
Still get kicked in the nuts occasionally.
Learning and having the discipline to use the safety tools offered to avoid/mitigate loss.
( Stop loss, trailing stop loss, a opposite option to "straddle" the stock price so whichever way it goes is to your benefit.

Yeah... i have a mental block against stops and safety it seems... my brain is like "Don't worry, it will come back"

My last outing was playing with meme stocks and hoping for a longshot.. At this point i have zero in my stock account and don't plan to play again, i'm just too dumb for it

Yeah... i have a mental block against stops and safety it seems... my brain is like "Don't worry, it will come back"

My last outing was playing with meme stocks and hoping for a longshot.. At this point i have zero in my stock account and don't plan to play again, i'm just too dumb for it

I know exactly what you mean, I still have dead stocks on my screen, just to remind me of how stupid I have been.
Got pot stocks down beside the Titanic cuz I didn't use stops "cuz I was so smart, and watch everyday, and as soon as you say, " I wish it'd turn around", you're sunk, sell it then or you have a new piece of bathroom wallpaper.
Been, am there.
Emotions, falling in love. Bane of all traders.
Analytics, chart, no emotions .
Lol, tough to do.

I am planning on yakking to a member after 10:30ish in a DM about Day trading.
If othes would like to join, perhaps I can help a little.
I certainly don't have all the answers but may be able to guide you where to find them.
Let me know .

I am planning on yakking to a member after 10:30ish in a DM about Day trading.
If othes would like to join, perhaps I can help a little.
I certainly don't have all the answers but may be able to guide you where to find them.
Let me know .
Thanks for the invite! If I get hooked and need an intervention, I may have to take you up on that.
Looks like I pulled out just in time this morning. Might have left a few bucks on the AMD table but not many.

Thanks for the invite! If I get hooked and need an intervention, I may have to take you up on that.
Looks like I pulled out just in time this morning. Might have left a few bucks on the AMD table but not many.

Anytime, questions welcome.
If you're out that's good.
The last coupla weeks folks are dumping their stocks for safety over the weekend.
Kinda like a coupla years ago, it wasn't safe to leave money in the mkt in case a tweet tanked the markets, happened too often.
It's Starting again, fear .
I learned to be cash every weekend.
$9 to get out Fri, $9 back in Monday.

DOW closed at 39,110 today... despite the f'n snow it's a beautiful day.

Since pulling our yearly RSP funds back on Jan 11th the Wife and I have recovered almost 1/2 of what we pulled already. 5.8% in 9 weeks. If the climb continues, without correction, that is 33.5% / year.

-
Back