Stock Suspension, Gen III, and Borgeson Fitment

-

MuuMuu101

Reaction score
Here are some pictures I took today at Spring Fling... It's TTI's mock up of how a Borgeson is supposed to fit in an A-body with a Gen III Hemi...

Man that's tight! I'm putting a G3 in a E body, but I didn't know the tolerances were that close in an A body.
Thanks for the pictures.

WOW! That's tight. As hard as I worked to get my 5.7, TTI headers, AC compressor, and manual steering box to all live together harmoniously ........I think I'll just keep going to the gym and live with the manwell steering!

Yep, that's pretty much what I recall when I put mine in. Very similar clearances in all those places.

You can tell that is a mock up my headers looked like I cleaned em with a wire brush after I got thru with it all.

I had to rework the left header to clear my steering shaft, which is in the stock location, you're right it's a cruel joke.

I went with a universal hot rod column because I wanted tilt. Here is my adaptation, the valve cover has the corner shaved.

I was able to replace the grub screws with shorter ones and use Loctite. I was also able to move the shaft around 1/2" or more by loosing the bolts at the firewall and moving it around.

Riddler

-
Back