Stolen Car Alert

-
Keep us posted. I’ll keep an eye out on craigslist for parts and for the car around Cincinnati.

Looks like a white 32' triple axle with extra height and an escape door. I will look out in the northern Illinois area and Rockford. I am also heading south through St. Louis to Arkansas on Thursday so I will keep my eyes peeled...

I'll keep on eye out on it in my neck of the woods , mount prospect and north shore area of il .

That is the worst feeling. I have been there two in the same day from the same location. Got one back over 40 yrs later. I bought it not knowing it was my car as a parts car with no title . Came to find out the thief was a Constable. He came to take the car back with the State Police not knowing I still had the title and I was the one he stole it from. After seeing him I recognized him from years back. He was a wrestler from Jim Thorpe Pa. sells at Carlisle and on the net and on these sites. Where is my 69 Coronet R/T Tony?

That is the worst feeling. I have been there two in the same day from the same location. Got one back over 40 yrs later. I bought it not knowing it was my car as a parts car with no title . Came to find out the thief was a Constable. He came to take the car back with the State Police not knowing I still had the title and I was the one he stole it from. After seeing him I recognized him from years back. He was a wrestler from Jim Thorpe Pa. sells at Carlisle and on the net and on these sites. Where is my 69 Coronet R/T Tony?
If he wasnt arrested id call a DMV inspector and show him what you have for paperwork and when you first reported it.

I mean i guess its possible he bought it years after it was stolen bit come on its worth at leadt a look.

It was in the storage garage that it was towed from since the 70's. It was his storage garage. The guy died where it was and their family had it towed.

The tow company contacted me because they knew I parted these cars. It wasn't for a couple of months until I recognized the car as my old car. I owned and stripped several the same color since then. He is the one who had it along with others I knew from those years. I remember him from back then. I was only 19 yrs old.

I called the DMV there was no computers then only Paper work. That was and is the issue with both cars. I found the coronet R/T saw it at a car show recently. I called the police. They could do nothing his duplicate title trumped my original as long as the car is in their possession.

That was the hint from the police. If I could get the car and take the plate off its mine again. All I can say is don't walk away from it at a show Marty or you will lose it. I carry a 69 ignition everywhere I go just for that reason. Marty , Don, Tony, Dennis and Jerry I believe were all involved. They frequent these sites now.

Good luck finding this Cuda. It is a nice car and for that reason it may stay together and show up somewhere. Keep checking to see if your numbers are re registered . I wish I would have. Titles can be bought but when they are registered they get caught. you have the internet on your side now. Use it.

The car after I got it back. I remember buying those wheels new. I already started stripping the car in this picture. Before I recognized it. They must have ripped the fender when they stole it.

O%20dart[1].jpg

It was in the storage garage that it was towed from since the 70's. It was his storage garage. The guy died where it was and their family had it towed.

The tow company contacted me because they knew I parted these cars. It wasn't for a couple of months until I recognized the car as my old car. I owned and stripped several the same color since then. He is the one who had it along with others I knew from those years. I remember him from back then. I was only 19 yrs old.

I called the DMV there was no computers then only Paper work. That was and is the issue with both cars. I found the coronet R/T saw it at a car show recently. I called the police. They could do nothing his duplicate title trumped my original as long as the car is in their possession.

That was the hint from the police. If I could get the car and take the plate off its mine again. All I can say is don't walk away from it at a show Marty or you will lose it. I carry a 69 ignition everywhere I go just for that reason. Marty , Don, Tony, Dennis and Jerry I believe were all involved. They frequent these sites now.

Good luck finding this Cuda. It is a nice car and for that reason it may stay together and show up somewhere. Keep checking to see if your numbers are re registered . I wish I would have. Titles can be bought but when they are registered they get caught. you have the internet on your side now. Use it.

The car after I got it back. I remember buying those wheels new. I already started stripping the car in this picture. Before I recognized it. They must have ripped the fender when they stole it.

View attachment 1715166152

Thats weird. What state was this if i may ask?

If it was in a trailer you need to post a picture of the trailer,

MAN I HATE SCUMBAGS

Thats weird. What state was this if i may ask?

Pa. reported at the Bethlehem barracks.that moved auto theft to Harrisburg auto theft division since. I covered all bases. What was weird is he brought the state police with him 2 cars 2 officers when he came to claim the car. Knowing he stole it . But he never asked who I was when he inquired about the car. when I mentioned my name and the location where it was stolen. he put his tail between his legs and they left..

Carma has come my way. He hit the wall at Numidia dragway last year with his dart. Put it in reverse trying to shift to neutral after the traps. When I was told I smiled. The same person also told me he also got caught by a relative with a stolen 68 Hemi cuda he took from a dead guy. His Constable days are over. I have a trooper who comes to the shop that is going to try and help me. We'll see.

Pa. reported at the Bethlehem barracks.that moved auto theft to Harrisburg auto theft division since. I covered all bases. What was weird is he brought the state police with him 2 cars 2 officers when he came to claim the car. Knowing he stole it . But he never asked who I was when he inquired about the car. when I mentioned my name and the location where it was stolen. he put his tail between his legs and they left..

Carma has come my way. He hit the wall at Numidia dragway last year with his dart. Put it in reverse trying to shift to neutral after the traps. When I was told I smiled. The same person also told me he also got caught by a relative with a stolen 68 Hemi cuda he took from a dead guy. His Constable days are over. I have a trooper who comes to the shop that is going to try and help me. We'll see.

Ok good. If it was NC i could maybe help but since u got a trooper good luck.

I cant stand a theif!

So I'm driving home from work today... turn out on to the main street and after going about a mile or so I see a car hauler with a red B-body on it... A 72 Plymouth Satellite or Road Runner...

I finally get through some traffic and come up on the hauler and see it's a 72 Road Runner identical to my uncle's.... Red with black strobe stripes on the back pillar....

So I call my uncle after seeing this thread on the stolen Hemi Barracuda and ask him if his Road Runner is ok, and not missing... (Just in case the thieves are still in town)...

He tells me that he is shipping it to Arizona and it was picked up yesterday (he's moving there)...

IT WAS HIS CAR!!! :wtf:

So I let him know that it was almost to Joliet as we spoke... :steering:

So I'm driving home from work today... turn out on to the main street and after going about a mile or so I see a car hauler with a red B-body on it... A 72 Plymouth Satellite or Road Runner...

I finally get through some traffic and come up on the hauler and see it's a 72 Road Runner identical to my uncle's.... Red with black strobe stripes on the back pillar....

So I call my uncle after seeing this thread on the stolen Hemi Barracuda and ask him if his Road Runner is ok, and not missing... (Just in case the thieves are still in town)...

He tells me that he is shipping it to Arizona and it was picked up yesterday (he's moving there)...

IT WAS HIS CAR!!! :wtf:

So I let him know that it was almost to Joliet as we spoke... :steering:
DAM ! ANYONE REMEBER BILL JENKINS ENTIRE PROSTOCK RIG W/ HIS VEGA INSIDE GETTING STOLED IN ST LOUIS ONE YEAR ?

DAM ! ANYONE REMEBER BILL JENKINS ENTIRE PROSTOCK RIG W/ HIS VEGA INSIDE GETTING STOLED IN ST LOUIS ONE YEAR ?
Yes I was there that year. A few years back I ran across a guy that claimed he knew who took it. Don't know if he was full of BS or not and really didn't want to know. Just made sure he didn't know where I lived.

Yes I was there that year. A few years back I ran across a guy that claimed he knew who took it. Don't know if he was full of BS or not and really didn't want to know. Just made sure he didn't know where I lived.
--------------------------Were u racing something that year ?

-
Back