Stolen Car hauler

-

BJR Racing

Reaction score
Tonight A very good friend of mine called me and told me that his race car trailer and all tools and the golf cart and NOS bottles and charging system has been stolen from his shop in Dallas,Ga.

This was a 28 ft. Champion trailer that is white with a purple golf cart, it also has blue NOS bottles and a wide selction of tools enough for supporting the racecar at the track. This was a ET Street equipped trailer and Jody believes that they thought that they were getting the car also. The used a cutting torch to cut the trailer loose from the building. The race car was inside the shop with the engine being repaired, (Thank God) as of right now the trailer loss is near $45,000.00 and if the car would have been involved it would have been near $175,000.00.

All I ask is if you live in Ga. or the surrounding area that you would be on the lookout for this stuff. He raced in Alabama, Ga. and the Carolinas with regularity. If you see or have any info on this please call Jody Benton at 1-678-363-3050.

Thanks to all!

Sorry to hear about your friend's loss. Some people deserve worse than the chair. :angry7:

For those in the area, are there any ext/int pics of the trailer? Any unique features (ie. graphics, lettering, etc.)?

Jody was just sick when he called me this evening, I also told him that it was a blessing in disquise as he hurt the engine just this weekend and I did some of the machining for him. It would have been alot worse had the car been in there.

The car runs in the 4.70's 1/8 with a $70,000.00 engine plus the chassis, so were happy that this is still in his hands.

I'll get some from Jody tomorrow and get them posted. You can also look on ORSCA.com for Jody benton and the car and the trailer my be pictured there, if not I'll get some pictures tomorrow.

Thieves :angry7:
and people that buy stolen goods:angry7::angry7:
The purple golf cart will get them caught I hope.
Ye ramcharger 8) a bull whip ain't even good enough ether

we could use some language toning down on threads that dont seem controversial. My daughter was looking over my shoulder on this one.

UPDATE!

Jody had a call today from the police in North Ga. and they found the trailer and caught the guy trying to sell the NOS setup with the 2 Dominators and the tunnel ram with the 3 stages of NOS. Needless to say Jody made a fast track to Ringgold,Ga. to get his stuff back. At this time they were fairly sure that not too much had been sold but, won't know till tomorrow.

Thanks for everyones help in looking for this stuff, I'll let Jody know about all the look outs that he had from here.

Cool, North Georgia cops don't play any games.

Hope those sucka's stay locked up for a while, maybe a few dates with Bubba too.

UPDATE!

Jody had a call today from the police in North Ga. and they found the trailer and caught the guy trying to sell the NOS setup with the 2 Dominators and the tunnel ram with the 3 stages of NOS. Needless to say Jody made a fast track to Ringgold,Ga. to get his stuff back. At this time they were fairly sure that not too much had been sold but, won't know till tomorrow.

Thanks for everyones help in looking for this stuff, I'll let Jody know about all the look outs that he had from here.

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Just got off the phone with Cory and he told me that they got everything back except the trailer and 4 NOS bottles. There hopeing to find the trailer if it hasn't gone to Tennesee, as they don't need a tag there and they may have ground the ID # off the tounge of the trailer. So far they have 2 in custody in north georgia and 4 more suspects here locally. Cory told me that this isn't the first time these guys have done this as they found 7 more trailers of various sizes and lengths, and parts from other shops and supply houses.

Jody and Cory offered to bring the 2 that were in jail back to Dallas so it wouldn't cost the court system or police dept. any money, but that they couldn't say what shape that they would be in when they got back. Other than they would be breathing. HEHEHE

Then they also recieved a call from a fellow racer from south georgia that has 4 trailers, and said that he would make them a heck of a deal on a new one delivered to them setup the way that they need it to be. Now thats what I call having REAL FRIENDS. But hey when you race all over Ga., S.C., N.C., Al., and north Fl., and some in Tn. your bound to make some friends.

Cory said that they were thankful for everyones help and to tell everyone Thanks from Jody and Cory. He also said that if the trailer is the only loss that they would have, that they could be thankful, as all the stuff that was inside was way more important than the trailer.

So from Jody and Cory a BIG THANK YOU to all!

The Tennesee police found the trailer at Mt. Eagle, Tn. so now there just waiting to hear of a release from the Police.

Wow, that is good news. It sounds like the perps will be looking at some time in jail once the cops find out the full extent of their dirty deeds.

Don,
I'll call Jody in the morning and get the guy's name in south Ga, for you. I think he is in Albany, Ga. so thats a good bit closer to you than where I'm at. I'll PM you with the phone number ASAP.

The Tennesee police found the trailer at Mt. Eagle, Tn. so now there just waiting to hear of a release from the Police.

Glad to hear they got it back.They were thinking that it MIGHT be in Colorado.

I HOPE they can get it back without any further trouble.I have a buddy here in Ohio that had his trailer get stolen.It was an OPEN Car trailer that when New was $3500.He bought it for $2500 when the original owner got in a finacial bind.He Never Got The TITLE changed into the BMV.He just got REGULAR Trailer(Home Built)tags for it.They Stole The Trailer,Then a Pick-Up,Then Slole Trailer Tags for the Trailer and Truck Tags for the Truck(so they didn't match the Original Vehicles)and then Stole BUNCHES of Lawn Mowers,Compact Tractors,Snow Blowers Etc.. and had the Truck and Trailer LOADED with them.They went to a Lawn & Garden Center to try and sell the stuff...JUST by chance there was an off duty Sherriff Deputy at the Business.They thought it Awfully Wierd that they wanted to sell the complete load for a 1/10 of the cost..The Owner got them to set around a bit while he GOT THE MONEY..Meanwhile the officer made a background APB check and found that several of the things had been stolen recently.The Cops came and Apprehended the Suspects..They Had a Local Tow/Salvage yard come and Impound the Stolen Merchandise.It Took My Buddy over a Year and $1800+ to get HIS trailer back..AND it was damaged and the Insurance wouldn't cover ANY of it....Just goes to prove that the judicial system is a Raquet....

Glad that Jody and Cory got everything Back..

SS

-
Back