Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
The 64 has a slant and pretty much want to leave the car stock, Only a few thousand made with it and I bet not many around everyone dropped a LA in them.

I think the only real advantage of v8 swapping is then you can get some very cute v8 fender emblems. LoL

I just bought a 70 D100 pickup and it has a slant too. Its kinda like the wagon in that it has a slant yet the rest of the driveline is really beefy and could take a mean v8

I just bought a 70 D100 pickup and it has a slant too. Its kinda like the wagon in that it has a slant yet the rest of the driveline is really beefy and could take a mean v8
That's a hard decision there the are usually great in a truck. Really dependable.

I have been dealing with a lot of 100 point guys. I see why they do it but $$$$$$$$ Trying to do the Cuda as a 80% car since it has super low miles on it, 6K!

That's a hard decision there the are usually great in a truck. Really dependable.
I am keeping the six. But going with a 2 bbl. Setup

It looks worse than it is because it looks terrible but the thing about it is there is no rust, not even in the door threshold

20190129_170924.jpg

20190131_171159.jpg

Got up to let dog out. Been backreading a few threads. Took almost an hour.
Too much interesting stuff going on. Looking at bringing in the barracuda this weekend.

Morning Ray, Rani, Frank, and rest of the sleepy heads. I hope all is well.

How goes it Zman...?
It goes...goes cold today our little spring break is over. Oh well.
Read an interesting article last night. It was a article on a car like mine.
According to the article MOPAR expert Galen Govier says they only made nine of these in 1967, and only three or four were four speeds.
I knew it was low production, but that made me go Hmmm.

Good morning folk's, I took yesterday off and took great care of the hang over I had from hanging out with my younger brother Pete, we are the last two of four and we drank and washed cars and watch the super bowl , it was our late little brothers birthday so we did what we as brothers did back in the day.... it was 68 degrees and my oldest son spent half the day with us, memike is a happy fellow and counting my blessings this morning

Changed my Avatar. Talked with Dad last night and he made comment he wasn't pictured anymore (he lurks here a bunch). He used to comment he didn't recognize the old guy in the picture....so, I changed to a younger picture of him and my car.

Alzheimer’s brings out a lot of things in families. I have spent 1/3 of my like dealing with it caring for family members. Some family members are so frightened by it that they retreat and deny its existence to preserve their own sanity.

Others decide the person with it has died at the first sign of it and writes them off. The very few, with fortitude and moral center to step up and fight the long fight of care and love at their own sacrifice take over.

Just like not everyone has the will or capability to be a first responder and run toward danger, nor do all family members have the internal fortitude to care for an Alzheimer’s patient when it scares the hell out of them.

Forgiveness in every direction is the only way to get through being a dedicated caregiver.

Not everyone can do it...only a few have the ability to put aside their fear and selfishness to do what is right for the loved one.
I had the unpleasant task of talking to my grandfather after he parked his truck in the living room. I explained he just could not drive anymore. It was terrible. In the end I had to pull coil wire so truck was not drivable.
Then I caught him in garage trying to set the house on fire with the welder. Being creative I figured to solve that like I did the truck and pulled the breaker to the welder. I did not think it thru. I went back and he had the front panel off the box all breakers and wiring exposed trying to fix it. It was just a terrible terrible time.
Dd is spot on. Most of families way to cope was to just not help. One neighbor figured out the situation and was a predator as my grandfather would just give away all his tools or whatever in the coarse of conversation. The neighbor would just shrug when I confronted him about it and say he gave it to me it is now mine.
The other neighbor would every couple of weeks bring over a box or a trailer and explain while you were gone he gave me all this. In stark contrast to the predator neighbor. It was an emotional roller coaster.

-
Back