Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Happy Father's Day. I really like sprint car racing. A kid that raced go karts with us, he's 17 now I think, racing sprint cars now. I think he was Rookie of the Year in this particular corner of USAC Sprints. Qualified mid pack, won his heat race and looked good doing it. Main event roles around and with qualifying times and inverts he's in the back half of the field. Cheeseburger did something I haven't seen in a while. Bumped tires with another car just coming out of turn 2, the big wheelie started right there. Left rear tire hit the ground again, through the back fence he went. I bet he's sore this morning.

@Mopar Tim now that I’ve switched to disc brakes up front, I no longer need to get longer studs to run those rims and tires I got from you! Score!!

Actually got really nice outside for a bit. So, I decided to work on the Duster... I got a couple cans of Eastwood internal frame coating a couple weeks ago. Been meaning to do that for awhile now. Ran her op on ramps and crawled under. Rust never sleeps. I guess considering what I started with it ain't that bad, but have a few rust blisters and pinholes on frame. Maybe someday I will replace sections. Especially where the front frame meets the cross frame is really beat from jacking and internal rust. I reinforced it some inside when I did the floor pan. I think it's strong enough, but it's ugly. At least this stuff should help put it on hold. Anyway, I think I am about done the front and probably that's all for today. Looks like showers moving in within the hour. I'm about half dizzy from crawling in and out from under it anyway.

Last edited:
Happy Birthday @toolmanmike !

DCC3688C-58A4-447B-9524-440E2E22137B.jpeg

There was a Father's Day car show at a local Church ( not mine ). Went by there. Lots of Furds and Chebbies, but surprisingly more Mopars than usuall. Probably 200 cars.
IMG_20190616_122125.jpg
IMG_20190616_122147.jpg
IMG_20190616_125633.jpg
IMG_20190616_124946.jpg
IMG_20190616_124846.jpg
IMG_20190616_124557.jpg

IMG_20190616_124356.jpg

Well i got shut down. Apparently it time to go for a fathers day meal.
So off to the bright lights and we get to go to princess auto. Thinkin im getting a cold saw for father’s day...

Got my saw:thumbsup:
Bandsaw can go to the scrap bin now.
Just waiting at the fancy burger joint for one more person. Then food,

Hopefully they will get on it soon...
Due to my daughters accident, she is home (doin well), and my son was on the phone pretty early today. But I have had a few years where I was feeling forgotten :(

Hopefully they will get on it soon...
Due to my daughters accident, she is home (doin well), and my son was on the phone pretty early today. But I have had a few years where I was feeling forgotten :(
Kind of how I'm being treated this weekend as well, so my cars are getting the time and dedication.

Quiet day here today, still recovering from yesterday. I did manage to get the new solar walkway lights installed though. I will see how they look tonight, may have to adjust them some.

8E33D96E-DAFF-4E99-852E-A7D20EA75187.jpeg

Kind of how I'm being treated this weekend as well, so my cars are getting the time and dedication.
Perhaps they dont want to bother you while you are making progress on your car.

I was chatting with my son this morning. Told him i figured out how to get my grass cut. Leave his big mower outside the shop, and when my customers mention it,i will ask them if they want to try it out...
My daughter texted me an hour ago.

I did Father’s Day kinda in reverse.

Since it is my day and I get to choose what I do regardless of what anyone else in the house thinks...

I placed the order for a new Yamaha E463 electronic keyboard with all the accessories for my daughter a few days ago and it will all be here Tuesday. Tonight, I called her into the kitchen, pretending to be stern and after she sweated a little, I told her it was my day and I get to do what I want...then I told her what I bought.

I explained to her that it was because what I wanted more than anything today was for her to continue pursuing her musical talent, enjoy it and make the most of it!

Big bear hug and happy tears..the perfect Father’s Day gift.

Perhaps they dont want to bother you while you are making progress on your car.

I was chatting with my son this morning. Told him i figured out how to get my grass cut. Leave his big mower outside the shop, and when my customers mention it,i will ask them if they want to try it out...
My daughter texted me an hour ago.
Oh no. I was flat told by the wife, to leave for the day haha. Said she wanted to clean. I didn’t argue haha

I did Father’s Day kinda in reverse.

Since it is my day and I get to choose what I do regardless of what anyone else in the house thinks...

I placed the order for a new Yamaha E463 electronic keyboard with all the accessories for my daughter a few days ago and it will all be here Tuesday. Tonight, I called her into the kitchen, pretending to be stern and after she sweated a little, I told her it was my day and I get to do what I want...then I told her what I bought.

I explained to her that it was because what I wanted more than anything today was for her to continue pursuing her musical talent, enjoy it and make the most of it!

Big bear hug and happy tears..the perfect Father’s Day gift.
Nice.
I told you my daughter has one similar. That's on the short list of first things she wants brought here from her place in Jersey.

Great day here. Kids checked in early. Did some work on Duster. Got a couple gifts including this beer sign. Wife grilled up steaks with sautéed onions and shrooms. Went out and got myself a 4 pack of one of my favorite brews which I am now enjoying

7840CD06-A814-4E05-B717-30EDF796EDAA.jpeg

33854532-962B-4BC9-8463-F820A3718111.jpeg

522AFC8D-8FF6-4F3C-B0FE-25405D53E620.jpeg

Yeah, getting to work in the morning will be interesting. 4.5 inches of rain last night, 2 inches thus far today, forecast for up to 3 more over night...

25FD0F58-39BA-4CA6-86B3-243354A43A9C.jpeg

E1EF50CE-02F2-4831-B3D1-5897CE09504C.jpeg

2255A043-77A3-4A05-88CC-0ECECD3D1612.jpeg

C724D1E5-2F1D-4817-BCC4-AF0755EEA572.jpeg

C7BFF12F-5874-463D-8227-043B7BB642DE.jpeg

-
Back