Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
It poured rain here an hour ago, so no need to water the new grass tonight.

But since it is likely to be raining off and on all week, I decided to overseed all the new fill areas.

It can’t hurt, and will fill in the bare spots.

The new walkway lights are perfect! No adjustment needed. Just the right amount of light in the right locations to balance it all. I am quite pleased!

74A329E0-6CA2-46F1-BBF5-A0A79FAC72ED.jpeg

Back onto trailer tomorrow. Need to get welding done,so i can paint it. Then i can park it outside.
Cant wait to try my new saw.

Pray for it to stop raining folks! One barn in getting water in it now, the shop, where the Dart and Polara are, is 1 ft horizontally away from the first edge of the shop. House is next. Even in the 100 year flood in 2008, it never got this close. Neither of these barns have EVER flooded since the family bought the place in 1901. This is insane.

Pray for it to stop raining folks! One barn in getting water in it now, the shop, where the Dart and Polara are, is 1 ft horizontally away from the first edge of the shop. House is next. Even in the 100 year flood in 2008, it never got this close. Neither of these barns have EVER flooded since the family bought the place in 1901. This is insane.
Wow. We have had some crazy rainfalls in the past, but nothing like what your are dealing with.
Mind you, the river is a few hundred feet away,water level is about 12 feet below ground level here.
Had a close call a few years back when the dike started to fail from high winds and pounding waves.
Had it gone, it likely would have flooded land up to 15 miles away. Thats across from me a little downstream. A friend lives over there,his house would be under water in seconds.

Morning? Just got up slept the whole day. Guess I needed it been on a few hours a day for the last two weeks.

Dam Chris, that is close. Hope you have a sump pump to at least keep up with it in the basement if needed.

Wow. We have had some crazy rainfalls in the past, but nothing like what your are dealing with.
Mind you, the river is a few hundred feet away,water level is about 12 feet below ground level here.
Had a close call a few years back when the dike started to fail from high winds and pounding waves.
Had it gone, it likely would have flooded land up to 15 miles away. Thats across from me a little downstream. A friend lives over there,his house would be under water in seconds.
Similar. Creek is normally 15 feet from its average water height to the top of the bank, its nearly 1/2 a mile away. On top of that, after about 1/4 mile, the ground height raises some 12-15 some more, than about 30 yards from the closest barn, it goes up steeply another 10-12 feet. then the barns are elevated a foot higher than the surrounding area as well.

Since I posted those pics a couple hours ago, the water level has come nearly 300 yards from where it was at the time of the pics. I'm not worried much about the dart as its sitting on a body cart 36 inches off the ground inside the shed. and all my parts on 14 feet higher than that in the loft. Polara, I may have to pull it out and move it to the other side of the farm. its another 5-6 feet higher

Morning? Just got up slept the whole day. Guess I needed it been on a few hours a day for the last two weeks.

Dam Chris, that is close. Hope you have a sump pump to at least keep up with it in the basement if needed.
No basement, house is on a slab

Ever figure out that torx bolt to get it out?
Yes sir, came right out with the fancy snap on HD bit. And a little heat from a plumbers torch. Strapped the trans to the vertical steel i beam so it was solidly supported and boom, out it came.

B0A86E66-E4C2-4E72-8B62-8D8CB960273B.jpeg

Ever figure out that torx bolt to get it out?
Got it back together, but I think I need to adjust the shifter rails a bit, it’s stuck in 4th now. So it comes back apart eventually but at least for now, I can use it for mock up.

84B7ED1C-3A89-4819-8CDC-24783F74CCBA.jpeg

5FDD6F6A-DC4F-420C-BE3F-7D92078F62D5.jpeg

04B910FD-8AF4-4B0E-A675-8F457A923FE8.jpeg

732836CE-5F8D-478F-BE1B-943D85DF059D.jpeg

Nice. Heat almost always does it. Is it galled cant tell.
Nope. Not at all. Threads on the bolt and the hole are perfectly intact without damage. That pic is after I melted the thick, rock hard expoxy off the threads with the torch after removal. Those bolts are only 1.99 from Tremec so I’m gonna order new ones when I order my rebuild kit

-
Back