Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I have painted my last two by myself in an improv paint booth in barn. I understand your determination but I simply do not have the time and or space/skill to do it again. I hung plastic, hung about a million trouble lights, hosed down floor, ran dog out and squirted them myself. I had paint dust on everything in the barn. Plus I just fundamentally am not a skilled painter. My desire to have the Demon professionally painted was a direct reflection of my efforts and results on last two DIY paint jobs. Mine look great from about twenty feet out! Hah!
Pack it up and send it over I will blow some color on it for ya...:thumbsup:

Ya we get it...... collision make money on insurance jobs...quick and easy....cut to fit and paint to match..that is why you dont take your car to a collision only shop or, do it yourself...it can be done!!!

View attachment 1715392782

View attachment 1715392783

View attachment 1715392784
If I wasn't able to do my own paint and body work, I would give up the whole hobby. I don't trust anyone's mitts on my cars.

I have no idea how people can buy a "finished" car and pay so much and have no idea what is hiding under the paint.

Humanity in general has made me feel this easy because humans are the laziest, non caring about other people's stuff, klowns on earth, so I don't trust and I am happy to do my own. This way if I am lazy and don't do it right, I will only have myself to blame.

If I wasn't able to do my own paint and body work, I would give up the whole hobby. I don't trust anyone's mitts on my cars.

I have no idea how people can buy a "finished" car and pay so much and have no idea what is hiding under the paint.

Humanity in general has made me feel this easy because humans are the laziest, non caring about other people's stuff, klowns on earth, so I don't trust and I am happy to do my own. This way if I am lazy and don't do it right, I will only have myself to blame.
And when mine turns out like crap,im going to blame you for pointing this out.:lol:

My problem is that I am lousy at bodywork, and I have no place to do it.

Bill

I actually prefer to do the body work more than painting.

The body work phase is slower and you can take your time and get stuff perfect.

Well, I spent the entire day remembering 9/11 by flying on commercial airlines through 3 different airports. I left at 7 am and just got home. It was clear that the police and TSA presence was markedly increased with extra screening and pat-downs...but everyone, including the airlines, was being low-key and careful to avoid drawing attention to it.

They were all being extra nice to the passengers, but even with the extra kindness it kinda hard to not notice that there were 6 TSA agents surrounding every passenger after they came through the body scanner and got a pat-down. About 1/3 of all bags I saw going through security were sent through the X-ray machine twice just to double check. There were also extra fligh attendants on each flight. Planes than normally had 3 attendants had 5 today.

When I flew out on Monday through the same airports and on the same trip legs, it wasn’t anything like it was today.

Well, I spent the entire day remembering 9/11 by flying on commercial airlines through 3 different airports. I left at 7 am and just got home. It was clear that the police and TSA presence was markedly increased with extra screening and pat-downs...but everyone, including the airlines, was being low-key and careful to avoid drawing attention to it.

They were all being extra nice to the passengers, but even with the extra kindness it kinda hard to not notice that there were 6 TSA agents surrounding every passenger after they came through the body scanner and got a pat-down. About 1/3 of all bags I saw going through security were sent through the X-ray machine twice just to double check. There were also extra fligh attendants on each flight. Planes than normally had 3 attendants had 5 today.

When I flew out on Monday through the same airports and on the same trip legs, it wasn’t anything like it was today.

Well, it is good they do it, but terribly sad they have to. It is like being in a prison, even if you are out and about. :-(

My problem is that I am lousy at bodywork, and I have no place to do it.

Bill
I'm lousy at body work too. But I'm also a cheap bastard. I have 3 to paint. First one is IH Scout that will be just fine with an issue or two. Next one is a Dart Sport that will be a driver, should look acceptable. I'll do the Cuda last so it may actually look good. I plan on all single stage paint and copius amounts of wet sand and buff to give some semblance of decency..

I'm lousy at body work too. But I'm also a cheap bastard. I have 3 to paint. First one is IH Scout that will be just fine with an issue or two. Next one is a Dart Sport that will be a driver, should look acceptable. I'll do the Cuda last so it may actually look good. I plan on all single stage paint and copius amounts of wet sand and buff to give some semblance of decency..
Well, I am a bit cheap too. Lol. But still no place to work on a car.

Bill

Well, I am a bit cheap too. Lol. But still no place to work on a car.

Bill
I have a two car garage where most of the work gets done. But at work I have a good size area where I can paint. Not the best lighting, not the cleanest place in the world, not remotely a paint bay.. But it ought to work.. Time will tell

I actually prefer to do the body work more than painting.

The body work phase is slower and you can take your time and get stuff perfect.
We would make good team.....I'm starting to not enjoy the body work so much but, I LOVE to paint!!!

Whats another layer of dust in my shop going to matter?
After needle scaling my hoist deck i couldnt make it any worse.
If i have to i will do bodywork in my shop. May build a booth in another building.

I have a two car garage where most of the work gets done. But at work I have a good size area where I can paint. Not the best lighting, not the cleanest place in the world, not remotely a paint bay.. But it ought to work.. Time will tell
But do you have to have your cars in the street during day and night ?

Bill

Not doing any metallic?

Better be a damn fine paint job unless that included a bunch of body work.

I went to someone else too, $12-15000 and I asked, how come it is so expensive. Well, if you want a professional job, that is what it cost. All emblems comes off, out with the windows, sunroof, so when they paint it is like painted at the factory. That is what they said,...

Bill

I went to someone else too, $12-15000 and I asked, how come it is so expensive. Well, if you want a professional job, that is what it cost. All emblems comes off, out with the windows, sunroof, so when they paint it is like painted at the factory. That is what they said,...

Bill
Might be what they said but might not be what they do....what is the car?

Better be a damn fine paint job unless that included a bunch of body work.

No body work, unless you call sanding bodywork, and one or two chips down to the primer / bare metal, size about 1/4 - 5/16 of an inch. And that cracking thing on the rear door and dog leg.

Bill

-
Back