Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Jack Buck was the greatest!

EEMr481X4AAstvi.jpeg

No body work, unless you call sanding bodywork, and one or two chips down to the primer / bare metal, size about 1/4 - 5/16 of an inch. And that cracking thing on the rear door and dog leg.
Seems really high for that. I'm sure the decals are kind of pricey but still seems really high.
Bill

And just like that, my summer is over.

It can start snowing now and I will still feel like I had a complete summer.

Went and saw the mountains today, lots of yellow leaves and it definitely looks like fall is upon us.

Started at 4:30 am and covered some serious ground by noon. Came back at like 4:30.pm.

I love summer and will miss it till we meet again

No one is painting cars like that here. They only do a job like that if the car is new and it is an insurance job. Other than that, they drive the car around until it goes to the crusher. No one can afford to have a car repainted. It is buy it and toss it.

Bill

Went and saw the mountains today, lots of yellow leaves and it definitely looks like fall is upon us.

Started at 4:30 am and covered some serious ground by noon. Came back at like 4:30.pm.

Still Summer here....for a few more weeks anyway.

FCE454ED-B9DE-41A4-B9BD-A609EC235A39.jpeg

No body work, unless you call sanding bodywork, and one or two chips down to the primer / bare metal, size about 1/4 - 5/16 of an inch. And that cracking thing on the rear door and dog leg.

Bill
It might look straight now that it's faded, but that is most likely not the case once the paint is shiny.

Its never as easy as scuff and shoot if you want it factory nice or better.

In the past when I painted someone's car and they didnt want to pay for top notch, and said just mediocre was fine, I would reject the whole job. It's either top notch or nothing because that B or C grade job will reflect on you.

It always needs body work to be nice. Otherwise rattle canning is fine

It might look straight now that it's faded, but that is most likely not the case once the paint is shiny.

Its never as easy as scuff and shoot if you want it factory nice or better.

In the past when I painted someone's car and they didnt want to pay for top notch, and said just mediocre was fine, I would reject the whole job. It's either top notch or nothing because that B or C grade job will reflect on you.

It always needs body work to be nice. Otherwise rattle canning is fine

I understand what you say. But this is a daily driver, and not a show car. And no one is going to spend $15000 on a 13 year old car when a brand new one cost $30000

Bill

'06 Dodge Charger R/T Daytona. Color, Go-Mango.
I have an ‘06 Charger SRT in Inferno red. The body paint is still fine but the front fascia and rear spoiler are peeling the clear coat. I have a custom ‘69 fascia with hideaway headlights I had made to put on it and after that I will do a vehicle wrap to change the color. Only about $4k to do the whole car.

EB05D3E4-B6E9-42E8-B90E-6F77C5858802.jpeg

C374D25B-1AC7-4FC4-88A9-724B6F8CC9E0.jpeg

EF63DF7F-73E5-428B-975B-989E0516CF31.jpeg

Hope you get a few nice days yet to enjoy.

Had to go to the Tues afternoon Henderson Cruise In yesterday as I knew it is one of the last really nice days to do it. Can't believe it, such a short Summer.

20190910_192253.jpg

20190910_180509.jpg

20190910_165257.jpg

I understand what you say. But this is a daily driver, and not a show car. And no one is going to spend $15000 on a 13 year old car when a brand new one cost $30000

Bill
Which is why I gotta believe someone will do it MUCH cheaper. I'm sure some of that is your area. For a starting point I would check Macco. (vary's by location and the guy with the gun. But they are capable of nice paint jobs) That's gonna be about the bottom $ unless you find someone that does it on the side for beer money.

I concede! I suck at spraying paint (at very least, I'm inexperienced)..
Try using lacquer...it’s very forgiving and you can work, rework, respray, wet sand, buff, etc.

Once it’s done and you like it, you can always seal and respray later with acrylic enamel you want.

Did you see the red station wagon I had, I posted two pics of it some days ago. Anyway, number two owner after me rolled it flat black. I wanted to cry when I saw it.

Bill
I had an 88 ramcharger, guy i sold it to painted it flat black and screwed these stupid spikes all over it. Made a horrible mess of it. I dont care,i made money on it.

Which is why I gotta believe someone will do it MUCH cheaper. I'm sure some of that is your area. For a starting point I would check Macco. (vary's by location and the guy with the gun. But they are capable of nice paint jobs) That's gonna be about the bottom $ unless you find someone that does it on the side for beer money.
I have been to Macco too, or.how it is spelled, and I got a much better price but people strongly advice against it and say they do such a lousy job. Then, I don't know anyone who drink and paint. I mean clearly we can not ask @ben Drinking either, because he can't drink, I mean paint... Lol.

Bill

I had an 88 ramcharger, guy i sold it to painted it flat black and screwed these stupid spikes all over it. Made a horrible mess of it. I dont care,i made money on it.
Well, if he put stupid spikes in it, it was clearly not the spikes that was stupid if you know what I mean. They can hardly screw themselves in anywhere.

Bill

Oh, but that is.a.Ford...
Ok, reject it if you want...but a lot of modern Mopar guys do it.

And with good results.

I have several friends with modern Mopars that have been dipped.

Some are still rocking the dip 3 years later without issue.

-
Back