Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
The wind is howling outside due to some thunderstorms coming in soon....sounds like old man winter....even though we have temps in he mid 80’s coming next week.

How about doing a paint
The wind is howling outside due to some thunderstorms coming in soon....sounds like old man winter....even though we have temps in he mid 80’s coming next week.

Better tune up that Dodge Plow Truck so you are ready for old man Winter just in case.

All good here now. But sometime earlier tonight while I was at work it stormed pretty bad at the house. Took the dog out when I got home and wondered why the deck was wet and leaves all over it. Wind must have ripped through the trees pretty good.

Last edited:
Windy here tonight, but the wind is warm

I took a shower and then went outside and dried my hair in the wind. It was totally awesome.

How about doing a paint job like this ??

This car used to be Frost Geen.
We were talking body shops and paint work earlier today.

Jim 74 Dart.jpg

Jim Dart 74 Prime .jpg

2019042595113922.jpg

Only thing I do different. ....

I was taught in auto school to apply primer sealer first and then apply the filler.

It has been a long time controversy.

Old timers used to apply the filter directly to the metal. When PPG came up with DP 90. The blend we had in the early to mid 2000s actually stated in the instructions to seal the metal prior to applying filler.

6 one way half dozen the other way, but that is one tip I picked up and I do it the PPG way. All these materials have changed over the years because the DP 90 of today is a different from the old one in regards to voc emissions and that kind of thing

I remember K36 primer.

Been a long time since I have even seen that stuff around.

I have used a ton of the omni 2k primer. Cheaper but very effective

I hope we get some snow down here this season. Sure would be nice.

He is a swing shifter.

Anyways, so what's the night topic going to be?

It was a great day here, got to see the mountains.

Also remembered 9/11. I was really quite young when that happened. In a big way that was one the first times I saw the ugliness of the world. When it happened I could not grasp why anyone would do something like that. It had never even occurred to me that anyone could hate regular people in any particular country for just living. I mean these people who worked in the trade centers, got up in the morning and wore suits, and dresses with the intent of working in an office. I imagine they lived very average and normal lives.

It was a shock to say the least

Did you see the private message I sent you ? If not interested, you can pass it on either here or to someone else.

Bill

Only thing I do different. ....

I was taught in auto school to apply primer sealer first and then apply the filler.

It has been a long time controversy.

Old timers used to apply the filter directly to the metal. When PPG came up with DP 90. The blend we had in the early to mid 2000s actually stated in the instructions to seal the metal prior to applying filler.

6 one way half dozen the other way, but that is one tip I picked up and I do it the PPG way. All these materials have changed over the years because the DP 90 of today is a different from the old one in regards to voc emissions and that kind of thing
I wish we had filler that could be used over primer years ago. As far as I know, most could not. Around here flash rust is a real problem if you cant get a coating on fast. I have gotten in the habit of checking if newer products are DTM

Did you see the private message I sent you ? If not interested, you can pass it on either here or to someone else.

Bill
I honestly didn't think I was interested at first because I accepted the original type headlights as a normal thing. I never even thought of modifying the lighting system.

But after you brought it up and I got to thinking about it.

I am actually open to changing the lighting on the car now. I feel I have a lot of research to do but yea, its definitely on the table.

Thanks for the message

Here is Jim the bodyman painter that owns the car.

Show finish on that one, slight pearl added to the paint, light tint to the windows he added. He has a shop here in Farmington, wants to paint more of the classic cars as part of his business.

2019051195133712.jpg

Before picture of the Green 74 Dart Swinger unloading at Jim's Shop.

20181216_142939.jpg

I can't wait to have another car with silky, nice paint.

I went and sold cars with nice paint and now other people are polishing and waxing nice paint and I am driving around with matte faded paint with a surface rust spot on the top. WTH

Here is Jim the bodyman painter that owns the car.

Show finish on that one, slight pearl added to the paint, light tint to the windows he added. He has a shop here in Farmington, wants to paint more of the classic cars as part of his business.

View attachment 1715392951

Before picture of the Green 74 Dart Swinger unloading at Jim's Shop.

View attachment 1715392952
I always like to see a 73 and up A body getting fixed up and loved.

So many were robbed of their disk brakes and junked, it's so sad

Those still look like 75 taillights

74 was very subtlety different.

74 taillights have more rigid lines around the center

Boy you are really observant !
Could have been a late year production where they put 75 tail lights in it, not sure.

I know the title card said 1974 for the car.

-
Back