Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I think I will be pulling the TIPM from wifes '09 Journey tomorrow. Tried plugging the horn fuses back in and it lasted almost 2 days then did some random beeping again. I don't think it's the switch or clockspring, cause it has only ever done it parked with nobody in it. Have read a bit and the TIPM is a known problem have also seen some random issues from other things going through relays on the board. Sending it for rebuild. Think I will use circuit medics. They change all the relays for $200 plus shipping. Car is down while it is out.Supposed to be one day turn around. So I figure if I send it tomorrow I could have it back Saturday. More likely Monday.

It's amazing how often these dusters have the incorrect stripe added during restoration. So often the restorers were not aware there are different stripes every year.

I think most people just put what available but so much lack of knowledge on these cars yet they have bibles and worship manuals for E bodies :eek:
That's like my Duster...has the completely wrong stripe on it but, if you have ever seen the ugly *** thing they put on 75 360 cars you would understand.

That's like my Duster...has the completely wrong stripe on it but, if you have ever seen the ugly *** thing they put on 75 360 cars you would understand.
I always liked it but I can understand how it was kinda whack. They were really trying too hard to revive an aging look and make it look ahead of its time, but it didn't work.

ct1111.jpg

It's one thing to go with what you like over correct.

What I am talking about is i have talked to supposedly top dollar restorers, and they are like "really, I didn't know they had different stripes"

What I am talking about is i have talked to supposedly top dollar restorers, and they are like "really, I didn't know they had different stripes"
I have always hated that stripe...its not so bad on a red car but on the blue I painted it or the original Sherwood metallic it was from the factory...no thanks.

2600190001_large.jpg

Thank you. Means it is a fairly new battery. The battery in my multimeter is gone too, so I can not measure. How sweet was that when I really needed it. See if we have a 9 volt battery laying around for them smoke alarms that starts chirping when the clock is 10 and we are on the way to bed. Them rude little things.... Usually they wait until I have gotten undressed... well, that is a different story.

Bill
Just use a test light....

Thatjust being sloppy or lazy.

I have always hated that stripe...its not so bad on a red car but on the blue I painted it or the original Sherwood metallic it was from the factory...no thanks.

View attachment 1715395230
I agree that's really bad on that color. Would not have been 'terrible' on Cinnamon. But still not a fan of that stripe.

Thatjust being sloppy or lazy.

I agree that's really bad on that color. Would not have been 'terrible' on Cinnamon. But still not a fan of that stripe.
I even went one step a little different by putting a silver stripe on.....thought it would bring out the metallic in the blue a little bit...

20190821_123626.jpg

Whenever I take Cuda (track car) to a car show I am invariably asked what year is it? Depends on which end your looking at it is my reply! Nose is 70, I loved Gills so side is 71, tail lights are 73! Full roll bar, toss steering wheel on the dash, and Fiberglass from windshield forward. The E body purists simply want to strangle me. Which is exactly how I ended up on FABO! And I love the silver stripe, I think it sets the blue off!

Whenever I take Cuda (track car) to a car show I am invariably asked what year is it? Depends on which end your looking at it is my reply! Nose is 70, I loved Gills so side is 71, tail lights are 73! Full roll bar, toss steering wheel on the dash, and Fiberglass from windshield forward. The E body purists simply want to strangle me. Which is exactly how I ended up on FABO! And I love the silver stripe, I think it sets the blue off!
I hear ya...the crowd on febo are boring and uptight...I will just hang here as long as you all will let me...

Freezing sweet corn this afternoon. I need to start brewing beer tomorrow. I now have all the ingredients.

Freezing sweet corn this afternoon. I need to start brewing beer tomorrow. I now have all the ingredients.
We have been canning non stop for an eternity this last week, we are down to two bushels of apples, a dozen or so tomatillos and a whole bunch of tomatoes to make our ketchup with. Garden is strip picked.

I hear ya...the crowd on febo are boring and uptight...I will just hang here as long as you all will let me...
I am actually an E body owner too, but I am hard pressed to admit it because I identify with the A body crowd.

I don't like the typical E body attitude of "I have an E body so i have a ton of money and my car is holier than thou"

They kinda make me laugh, same how clowns make you chuckle...... then run

I am actually an E body owner too, but I am hard pressed to admit it because I identify with the A body crowd.

I don't like the typical E body attitude of "I have an E body so i have a ton of money and my car is holier than thou"
I actually had a 383 powered convertible challenger. 1970. got it from a pic a part!! Sold it a while ago, 4 speed car as well.

-
Back