Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Hey, Craig
Is that the one C used on the Demon. It's a very slick set up. But I'm not to that point yet. My car should be going to paint beginning to middle of November.
Think so. Like you just looking at options. I have three old restoration battery cases in the garage. Think we're going to cut the bottom off one and wire in another battery. Seems the battery they use is pretty weak and just doesn't last.

Or I get the topper and MOPAR battery stickers and paint up a new battery...

Or run a regular battery and then switch it out with the restoration battery at the show...

Or get a newer starter that will crank the restoration battery.

The starter I have now is old and slow and just doesn't do the job (que Karl). I've eliminated all other recharging/start suspects alternator, distributor, coil, voltage regulator, battery. I can always have the old starter rebuilt locally and put it on. We'll see.

U going to hersheys keith
Probably not... :(
Work days for me. Saturday would be the only chance. But most likely work that too. That is 'show day' if same as past years. Last time I did the car show there was pretty thin cause of major rain wash out day before. They do have a massive 'car coral' of sale cars wrapping around the swap lots. which is basically a show anyway. :thumbsup:

Talking about Hershey on news. 1000 cars in corral. Another 1150 in show Saturday, 9000 vendor spaces =20 mile walk to see all. Like Carlisle, only about half are there today and will fill in by tomorrow. Expecting 100,000 plus people...

Talking about Hershey on news. 1000 cars in corral. Another 1150 in show Saturday, 9000 vendor spaces =20 mile walk to see all. Like Carlisle, only about half are there today and will fill in by tomorrow. Expecting 100,000 plus people...
That's nuts

That's nuts
And bolts...
110-C8061-1.jpg

I looked at the NWS map this morning and checked numerous weather stations in NorCal and didn't find any threatening wind situations up there. The predicted high temps aren't even close to normal summer temps. With a high pressure off the coast they're not going to have a Santa Ana condition. I don't recall the reasoning, but years ago PG&E just stopped doing maintenance on their equipment around here. I guess their stockholders wanted a better return on their money? If something breaks, they fix it, but nothing preemptive.

View attachment 1715405780

It's Willys Wednesday!
Good Morning.
Other than old hot rods, ya don't see many flame jobs around here. I was thinking about doing that to my first car - 71 Nova. Only one I ever did was just screwin around with a beater. My buddy who bought almost every car for $100 and ran them till inspection ran out. Datsun -Only foreign car I remember him having. Was just unacceptable the way it was. We painted the wheels silver and spray bomb flamed it. LOL
Pretty sure it was a 310, white like this one.
datsun-310-10.jpg

Gotta love California. Starting Wednesday afternoon PG&E the electricity provider for a good portion of our state has tentative plans on turning off the electricity in 30 counties north of SF Bay due to a "predicted" wind event. Good time to be in the backup generator business. I think I need enough wattage here for the espresso machine and the refrigerator. Got to have coffee and cold beer.

We've had power all night, and still have. In my opinion the trees are way too close to the power lines, but then the tree huggers would go bananas if they cut trees further away. And many years ago my wife say there was a team that used to go around clearing up brushes and dead whatever and that way remove "fuel" from the ground. They could not do that anymore, it cost money. So, there you have it.

Bill

Already off and running. Got inventory done on parts that I have for the Coronet and my truck. Now to hit the parts store and junkyard.

-
Back