Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Damn, my wife's uncle just passed away. And my youngest son announced he is turning into a woman. WTF is happening here?

:( Please accept my condolences of your wife's uncle. The second issue I am sorry if I offend anyone, but I consider it a cultural thing, lack of identity, fashion thing. Very sad. As for myself, it is very simple, I get naked, look at myself, and find out what I am. No questions asked.

Bill

Well, the
I had 13" tires on a 63. Could not panic stop at a speed any higher than 45 mph without locking up the breaks and skidding on all 4 tires. Went to 14's and could panic stop from 60 mph no problem. Tires hsd AA tracktion rating on the 13's

What size tires was the 13 inch ones, and what size tires was the 14 inch ones ?

Bill

205 60 14 front 215 60 14 rear
Dont remember on the 13's was 2012 ish

Some might have different information about this, but as far as I see it, a smaller tire (less diameter) is easier to lock, and a bigger tire (larger diameter) is harder to lock. At some point if the tire get big enough you will not even be able to hold the car still in a hill no matter how hard to step on the brake pedal.
So, this is what first comes to my mind, that the 14 inch tires was larger in diameter than the 13 inch tires, and therefore when you hit the brake pedal with the smaller tires they tended to lock easier, and when the tire got a little bigger it was easier for your foot to control it since it as you said was a panic braking and you had less time to think and control your muscles in the leg.

This is my thought if this is the only thing that was changed. I really struggle seing it being a result of just 14 inch rims compared to 13 inch rims.

Bill

The radio transmission from the first station is about 7 miles away. The second station is about 20 miles away.

I wonder if my car radio will sound like that, if I get it fixed. Would you say those old AM radios were good radios, I mean that they had a good reception, were sensitive to far away stations ?

Bill

If KFI 640 Los Angeles is still the transmitter it was when I was a kid you can probly get it in Santa Rosa :lol:

WDGY AM rock and roll (unhooking music as my Dad called it) as a kid here.

KQRS FM (rock and roll) as a teenanger broadcasting out of Golden Valley MN, and is still going yet today.

12:00 A.M. Tuesday

Good Tuesday Morning !!!

12a.m..jpeg

The first cup is going, and going fast. May run to Mickey D's a couple blocks away soon and get something different to drink.

-
Back