Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Oh yeah one thing they don't tell you to do is drill at least one drain hole back in to drain the condensation out of the distributor though. No biggie!

Morning.
Cold this morning. At least the ground is starting to freeze.

One thing I have ran into helping guys out the distrib has to have a good ground, the OEM pick up does not need one but the HEI has to have one or you will fry the modules out . Just FYI I recommend a metal dual point crush gasket to do it easily.

Heat sink really is not a big deal if it is in the air. Just make sure whatever you mount it to is a good clean ground and use dialectric compound all over the metal plate on the bottom of the HEI unit.

One thing I have ran into helping guys out the distrib has to have a good ground, the OEM pick up does not need one but the HEI has to have one or you will fry the modules out . Just FYI I recommend a metal dual point crush gasket to do it easily.
Makes sense, as distributor isnt intended to be grounded. The clamp isnt good enough. A ground strap would work.

I was trying to get some Mopar ecms and clean them out and mount them in and re use the plug. To big a PIA to get the guts out of them right.

Wonder if that would eventually electronically wear the shaft out if the shaft is grounded and the case is not? Prob overthinking it to much.

This ford is causing me great inconvenience. Need hoist to put winter tires on nissan. But, i dont even know where winter tires are anyway.
Think i have to get spare car out for daughter to drive. It needs winter tires too.

I guess I'm getting ahead of myself, I have another week to go. I have to re-ring the engine, bought the ball hone this morning. Got to wait for the oil pan to get powdercoated then I can think about the ignition.

Got the slant motor apart yesterday think I know how the ridge happened. Surface rust on the top of the cyl walls when parked from the intake and exhaust. The bearings, grank even the Teflon bushings on the piston pins are perfect. Yes Virginia it is a six thousand mile motor!:thumbsup:

Wonder if that would eventually electronically wear the shaft out if the shaft is grounded and the case is not? Prob overthinking it to much.
On the pt cruisers,there is a ground strap from strut to body,aparrently to dissipate static and prevent premature strut bearing failure.

I guess I'm getting ahead of myself, I have another week to go. I have to re-ring the engine, bought the ball hone this morning. Got to wait for the oil pan to get powdercoated then I can think about the ignition.
Let me know when I have some fun stuff laying around. Just that distrib I sent you should wake it up.

If you do go that route leave the transistor in and space it with a small washer like a shim to get air moving in it and it should work fine no heat sink needed, the case is aluminum on most of them.

-
Back