Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Clearing out and closing down the 3-generation family home my grandparents put up 70 years ago. The developer's bulldozers come for it in 20 days. It is a death in the family, an uphill slog of sadness, grief, and trauma.

You asked.
Sorry to hear Dan. Hope it goes well for you even though it's a tough hill to climb.
Stop in to chat anytime.

I think we have a winner, The "How come" thread is getting good hits.....:thumbsup:
AND it is getting posts from normally non posters....

OK, how about a huge hurdle, the transmission? No need for one with an Electric Motor, NOT engine. Never going to happen IMO
AND where are the Batteries? What kind? LONGGG way from being reality.
They have already built several conversions and the Ferrari 308 GT they did was featured on Top Gear. They use the existing transmission with a torque controller to adapt for the transmission. The batteries are LG 46.66 kWhr and built into the engine case along with the charging system. 130 mile range and they have regenerative braking adapters on all 4 wheels.

The only part that is out in the future is commercial production.

They have already built several conversions and the Ferrari 308 GT they did was featured on Top Gear. They use the existing transmission with a torque controller to adapt for the transmission. The batteries are LG 46.66 kWhr and built into the engine case along with the charging system. 130 mile range and they have regenerative braking adapters on all 4 wheels.

The only part that is out in the future is commercial production.

Stick shift? Easy, Auto, not easy at all....

So a Hoppy walks into a election booth and was going to the town supervisor to complain about water rights afterwards. Guess what the town Supervisor is there campaigning while I called if he was in, right. Took out the law printout that the state told me to deal with locally. Guess what he is there and getting paid and his buddy is the one I have problems with. Guess what get it done or get fired or do you want to go on the news ***? Called his office to see if he was in or not before the ride, He will be back at noon! Have to love my life! *** wipe! He will be fired after he takes care of my issue! Only here.

So a Hoppy walks into a election booth and was going to the town supervisor to complain about water rights afterwards. Guess what the town Supervisor is there campaigning while I called if he was in, right. Took out the law printout that the state told me to deal with locally. Guess what he is there and getting paid and his buddy is the one I have problems with. Guess what get it done or get fired or do you want to go on the news ***? Called his office to see if he was in or not before the ride, He will be back at noon! Have to love my life! *** wipe! He will be fired after he takes care of my issue! Only here.
Go get em' Hoppy!

They have already done automatic transmission versions. It is closer to being a real commercially available crate engine than people realize.
WHY do you NEED a transmission with an electric motor???? Cannot see the reason to Develop a crate Motor like that...For Ease of install? What a waste...
I am NOT a fan.......

Last edited:
WHY do you NEED a transmission with an electric motor???? Cannot see the reason to Develop a crate Motor like that...For Ease of install? What a waste...
Nope, it’s just as an option for those that want it. They are making a version without the transmission part that directly connects to the drive shaft too. They have multiple EV designs going on and the vintage car crate EV system is just one of them.

They are also working on battery pack designs that mount where the current fuel tank is and looks like an original tank from the bottom. They are trying to make systems that fit with the design of the vintage cars.

I have an engineering colleague who worked on the original GM and Ford EV designs who is consulting for them. He gives me updates once in a while.

Nope, it’s just as an option for those that want it. They are making a version without the transmission part that directly connects to the drive shaft too. They have multiple EV designs going on and the vintage car crate EV system is just one of them.

They are also working on battery pack designs that mount where the current fuel tank is and looks like an original tank from the bottom. They are trying to make systems that fit with the design of the vintage cars.

I have an engineering colleague who worked on the original GM and Ford EV designs who is consulting for them. He gives me updates once in a while.
The whole issue with an EV, is the battery technology. And cost. And distance. And how polluting they are. And what to do with them when they are no longer viable. BIG issues IMO. O, and how to charge them on the road....But I can see a weekend cruiser using a setup like that...

Did get this done today/
DSC06489.JPG
DSC06491.JPG

A bit of drama in the neighborhood today. The guy next door rented a power lawn aerator on Saturday to do his lawn. When they came to pick it up today, the guy from the rental place drove it up the ramps into the back of the truck before trying to walk back down the ramps.

About half way down, he slipped and fell straight on his *** on the ramp boards breaking them before slamming to the ground and hitting his head on the rear bumper. He was laying on the ground bleeding from a gash in the side of his head with an injured back and 2 broken wrists.

We ran out and did trauma first aid while the neighbor’s wife called 911.

Ambulance took him away and we got a report later that he also had 2 broken ribs and a bruised spleen. Rough day at work for him for sure. I’m just glad it wasn’t worse.

A bit of drama in the neighborhood today. The guy next door rented a power lawn aerator on Saturday to do his lawn. When they came to pick it up today, the guy from the rental place drove it up the ramps into the back of the truck before trying to walk back down the ramps.

About half way down, he slipped and fell straight on his *** on the ramp boards breaking them before slamming to the ground and hitting his head on the rear bumper. He was laying on the ground bleeding from a gash in the side of his head with an injured back and 2 broken wrists.

Ambulance took him away and we got a report later that he also had 2 broken ribs and a bruised spleen. Rough day at work for him for sure. I’m just glad it wasn’t worse.
Dumb *** I would have left him to natural selection!

Wow. Not a good ending Dave.

Dang. Have to be careful at work....

Dumb *** I would have left him to natural selection!
Yeah, when his boss showed up after they took him away in the ambulance he kept saying how these guys have been trained not to walk down the ramps and use the side bed grab handles and steps instead.

The guy injured was in early 20s so maybe this experience will teach him something...maybe.

Yeah, when his boss showed up after they took him away in the ambulance he kept saying how these guys have been trained not to walk down the ramps and use the side bed grab handles and steps instead.

The guy injured was in early 20s so maybe this experience will teach him something...maybe.
Good friend of mine, died climbing, and falling 20ft off a ladder.

-
Back