Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good morning, folks!

I'm piecing together my 400 stroker build and buying all the stuff that's not the block is getting really expensive. $100 here and $100 there grows pretty fast.

I'm thinking I should buy a complete 383 and have it shipped over. Maybe include some speed parts too.

If I move quickly, I'll be able to get all of it in the same container as the block. Needs to be in Chicago pretty soon, though.

I guess I'll post a wanted ad.

Do any of you guys have B block parts laying around? I need most of it except block, crank, rods and pistons. Well, pistons too. The ones I have are dished and I really think I should bump the compression up.
Anders look at blue print engines, you cannot even build them cheaper and has a awesome warrantee.

Morning...
Well, its too early yet, body just wont adjust to the time.
Back to normal in about 14 hours.
3 hour layover in calgary, my chain smoking wife thinks it better to smoke heavy before flight than to cut back. Cant leave and cant smoke.

Anders look at blue print engines, you cannot even build them cheaper and has a awesome warrantee.
Nice looking engines that’s for sure. Wouldnt hurt to give johnny mac a shot at a quote.

Leaving this morning at 09:00. Back to sub-zero and snowing.
Was it worth it to go? I have never been there to Sema I mean. Vegas itself I can take or leave it. Been there prob ten times with the Air Force for exercises. Seen a bunch of guys get in serious trouble in Sin City!

You can definitely find them cheaper than that un used also. Shoot me a want list you would be surprised what I find at Anders PO box!

Morning early birds. Its Saturday, but then again I thought everyday was Saturday??

Oh and don't say just "pistons" need to know the size and if they are oversize same with bearings, rings etc.

That's a good price on a un bored block. Just bare or has the rotating assembly also.

Might be cheaper just to get a complete running engine. Prob around 5-800 depending on the year you want and 383 or 400.

Anders want list. Think this is what he is doing 383 rods, 440 crank and 400 block?

- Oil pan for street car_CENTER SUMP WITH PICKUP
- Complete gasket set B block 4.36" bore, preferably MLM head gaskets
- Main seals
- Damper
- Pulleys
- Oil pump
- Oil pickup
- Windage tray
- Frost plugs and other plugs for block
- Main studs ARP + nuts
- Moly rings for Ford 460 + 030 pistons (4.36")
- Heads (preferably hi-flow heads, complete with big valves, springs and rockers)
- Timing set, high performance, 3-bolt
- Solid roller camshaft and lifters (need to work out specs to get a good engine, of course)
- Distributor/oil pump drive RAY HAS
- Intake (like the 383 torker, Indy, Mopar M1 - single plane race intake)
- Hardware for oil pan, etc. RAY HAS

1. Extreme tire wear, especially in the rear.
2. Premature driveshaft failure.
3. Speeding Tickets.
4. Increased dry cleaning bills, especially for underwear.
5. Premature U-joint failure.
6. Learning to drive with tires boiling in all gears.
7. Unexplained smiling at the thoughts of taking your ride out next.
8. Plastic surgery bills to remove your "perma-smile"
9. Premature axle failure.
10. Annoyed neighbors from loud exhaust, screeching tires, late night wrenching sessions, etc.

1. Extreme tire wear, especially in the rear.
2. Premature driveshaft failure.
3. Speeding Tickets.
4. Increased dry cleaning bills, especially for underwear.
5. Premature U-joint failure.
6. Learning to drive with tires boiling in all gears.
7. Unexplained smiling at the thoughts of taking your ride out next.
8. Plastic surgery bills to remove your "perma-smile"
9. Premature axle failure.
10. Annoyed neighbors from loud exhaust, screeching tires, late night wrenching sessions, etc.
I'll take some of that.

-
Back