Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Well we had a small fire in the laundry room yesterday. We have a rule (thankfully) we never run the washer or dryer unless we are home.
Cheryl was off work and had been out running errands. She came in and started the dryer.
Within a minute she sees and smells a heavy smoke, no flame. She kills the power and calls the fire department.
They show up, nothing in the wall, turns out the 17 year old dryer suffers an electrical death. Firemen check the lint pipe and they are clogged.
So an exciting afternoon of cleaning pipes and shopping for a new dryer.
We're thankful, it could of been much worse.
That’s scary.

God Morgen and happy Tyr's Day to coffee land. 6º and windy here

Craig, glad you and Cheryl are ok and it didn't go any further than it did. Could have been so much worse.

Congrats!! My life job didn't contribute to SS, so I didn't have much in the bank. I took mine at 62 and never thought twice.

Really? The Army has always taken it out of my paycheck. The only thing they don’t is county taxes so I get screwed at the end of the year on that.

I have wanted to go up there to the Norwegian festivals. I hear they are quite nice. Also, here on Washington Island off Door County is Stavkirke. Stavkirke

Replica of a Viking Stave Church. One day I will go and see all 7 that still exist....
Agreed, there is also a hand built (traditional method) church here as well as the ship. Hjemkomst Center. Folks come from all over to see both.

Well we had a small fire in the laundry room yesterday. We have a rule (thankfully) we never run the washer or dryer unless we are home.
Cheryl was off work and had been out running errands. She came in and started the dryer.
Within a minute she sees and smells a heavy smoke, no flame. She kills the power and calls the fire department.
They show up, nothing in the wall, turns out the 17 year old dryer suffers an electrical death. Firemen check the lint pipe and they are clogged.
So an exciting afternoon of cleaning pipes and shopping for a new dryer.
We're thankful, it could of been much worse.
Damn good rule!
I was out of the house several months from just that exact thing - except I had gone to south philly to work in the garage.. :(

Who was asking about seeing older cars in the city?
:)

IMG_3880.JPG

The wind just started gusting out of the northwest here.
My dog used to love running into the wind as we would walk west.
I always imagined these winds carried the scents of the arctic, bits of snowy plains and mountains of Northwest Canada, Alaska, Siberia...
It carried the call of her ancenstral home.
And it was like she could go forever into the wind.
Maybe now she can.

Really? The Army has always taken it out of my paycheck. The only thing they don’t is county taxes so I get screwed at the end of the year on that.
Yep the National Guard and five years Active Duty following 9-11 is how I finished earning my 40 quarters.
The police department was on a state retirement and didn't pay SS.

Wow got a e mail from a guy in Canada that needs points. Asked him how he got my e mail said it was from another superbird owner I did a distrib for! Pretty cool!

-
Back