Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Here is an example of driving lights you can add on today. These are Hella 550 lights.

Before using just factory headlights

B7EBD387-F91E-4570-B52B-B3D7A4C5DD2C.jpeg

After with the Hella 550 switched on

7F19C457-13EB-4B64-99C9-C606D08760F8.jpeg

I even had a pair of Hella driving lights on my old 1970 Duster 35 years ago.

0BF85188-194E-4186-AFF6-7BBD29CBE49B.jpeg

Mom had a 39 Rolls Royce. Had a 3rd headight low and centered. Attached by small tie rods to steering gear. Light turned to shine in the direction you were turning. Always thought that was pretty cool.
How old is your mom to have drove that around.??

Did you ride in it with a cup of tea?

Mom had a 39 Rolls Royce. Had a 3rd headight low and centered. Attached by small tie rods to steering gear. Light turned to shine in the direction you were turning. Always thought that was pretty cool.
Those were cool. The modern Chrysler 300 has self leveling and turning HID projector lens headlights that do something similar. The headlights turn as you move the wheel and raise and lower as you go up and down hills.

Popping in. Headed to Louisiana tonight. Got samples ready for Matt and Rainy. Anyone else on the list send me a pm with address and my wife will be mailing tomorrow.

Here is an example of driving lights you can add on today. These are Hella 550 lights.

Before using just factory headlights

View attachment 1715425295

After with the Hella 550 switched on

View attachment 1715425296

I even had a pair of Hella driving lights on my old 1970 Duster 35 years ago.

View attachment 1715425297

Is / was this legal for regular driving on streets ? I remember in Norway it was mandatory to have a switch on the dash so you could turn them on and off, and they were only allowed to work when the high beams were on. Usually when you came around the corner and saw a car with that kind of lights they turned off the "1000" meter lights as we called them, but still had the high beams until they came closer and had to turn them off too. Unless it was so close that they turned off all the high beams right away.

Bill

So i got exhaust fixed up. Sorta. Needs muffler and tailpipe now.
Tried putting a pcv valve in the draft tube, its almost working.
Dont think its pulling enough though. Will try a different one next go round.

Is / was this legal for regular driving on streets ? I remember in Norway it was mandatory to have a switch on the dash so you could turn them on and off, and they were only allowed to work when the high beams were on. Usually when you came around the corner and saw a car with that kind of lights they turned off the "1000" meter lights as we called them, but still had the high beams until they came closer and had to turn them off too. Unless it was so close that they turned off all the high beams right away.

Bill
Basically the same rules here. I used to have my driving lights on the Duster connected to a relay so that they were only on when the high beams were. I had a second switch so I could turn them on and off on demand.

Basically the same rules here. I used to have my driving lights on the Duster connected to a relay so that they were only on when the high beams were. I had a second switch so I could turn them on and off on demand.

Yes, that is how.people in Norway wired them too. I have forgotten if it was required with a warning lamp too, that they were on.

I have no idea why they called them 1000 meter lights because I don't think they reached that far, but I guess when people turned them on it felt like it was a kilometer.

Bill

Tried to put the pcv valve on today, but that is not working at all. It is too tight to get down over the tube. Brand new and everything. Well, I have to find one somewhere else. Maybe someone has a used one.

Bill

Tried to put the pcv valve on today, but that is not working at all. It is too tight to get down over the tube. Brand new and everything. Well, I have to find one somewhere else. Maybe someone has a used one.

Bill
I don’t understand what you mean. Does it not fit into the valve cover grommet, or does the hose to the carburetor not slide on?

I don’t understand what you mean. Does it not fit into the valve cover grommet, or does the hose to the carburetor not slide on?

There is no valve cover grommet. In 65 it was a tube in the back of the valve cover and the tube has a certain size and the cup to put over it is not big enough to slide over it.

Bill

Had someone coming the other direction last week about blinded me. narrow vehicle looked like small car. Too low to be a jeep. High beams, plus road lights and a LED light bar between them. Unfortunately, all that was probably not enough for him to see me signal him back :icon_fU:

-
Back