Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I don't mind any aftermarket wheels, .... on someone else's car.

I think cragers are very pretty, I just wouldn't trust getting on the highway with them, I'd put them on a show car.
I like my aftermarket wheels...and they are every bit as safe and reliable as any Mopar factory wheel ever was.

6BE99E1D-4783-4D24-847A-B8F4B996FCEB.jpeg

Either way I really would unload this car for 12 G's as it is.

In my early days I would pass on cars with aftermarket wheels or steering wheels. Could have been a nice car but those two things would make an automatic "PASS"

now a days, originals are that hard to find so I still consider cars with those items because I figure I can reverse it and make some money back from the car by selling them.
The 2 easiest things to change, would warrant a pass? Time to rethink that plan. Rust and upholstery. 2 of the more difficult things...

Well i hope tomorrow is an improvement,physio again today.
She’s evil. Working on the spazzed muscles and jabbing in needles..i know she enjoys it.
Couldnt feel the one needle until she flicked it a couple times.

She’s evil. Working on the spazzed muscles and jabbing in needles..i know she enjoys it.
Hope so too. I had a back issue a week ago.It took me a week to get through it. I am feeling better though.

I think cragers are very pretty, I just wouldn't trust getting on the highway with them, I'd put them on a show car.
That makes no sense to me. Craigars are just chrome plated steel...and modern steel to boot.

Modern steel is far better than that 50 year old steel technology ever was. The old stuff was low chromium and had poor crystal lattice structure and hardening compared to the modern age. The old wheels are perfectly safe, but way more brittle than modern steel is.

I wouldn’t run a modern NASCAR race at 200 mph on the old steel wheels, but the modern steel wheels can handle it easily.

4A9A010E-196E-4683-9882-9D1674C8A363.jpeg
Old steel is nowhere the quality it is today. The frame on the fargo has spiderweb cracks all around both rear cab mounts, one side was poorly repaired and other is untouched. Right below bolt on right side of photo. I see photo may have turned. So its at top of photo.

I'll price match him, for the same car that I do know a lot about and has a running 360 in it now. ...... and has rally wheels, not some bullshit deathtrap aftermarket wheels lol

View attachment 1715464598

You need to learn a whole lot more about wheels. Aftermarket can be far better than stock if you know about what is right.

Ignorance is just a condition easily corrected with knowledge. Stubbornness is a choice.

Either way I really would unload this car for 12 G's as it is.

In my early days I would pass on cars with aftermarket wheels or steering wheels. Could have been a nice car but those two things would make an automatic "PASS"

now a days, originals are that hard to find so I still consider cars with those items because I figure I can reverse it and make some money back from the car by selling them.

She prefers HUBCAPS over aftermarket wheels.... :D

You big baby... (In asian voice...)

(I can't remember where I got that from...)

Good luck with the treatment....

Good news! I think my exhaust repair on the Neon worked. Looks like the stuff expanded some when heated. Hopefully locking it in place. Before and after it got hot...
FFEBF1E2-ED04-44FD-AFCC-7231AF37DE01.jpeg
E04E9C7C-7B16-4527-A853-C7981A4EF0A7.jpeg

I'll price match him, for the same car that I do know a lot about and has a running 360 in it now. ...... and has rally wheels, not some bullshit deathtrap aftermarket wheels lol

View attachment 1715464598

Most of us got into the cars in the 70s when it was common to either have Cragars or Aluminum Slots on our cars and that seems normal to those of us that experienced that era.

Rain came along 30 years later and did not experience that. So she sees the rallies and the steelies with the dog dish caps as the norm in her world, based on her experiences that is what seems normal to her.

Always thought it was odd she did not like the custom wheels, but hey she grew up in a different time.

20190320_130943.jpg

Last edited:
Most of us got into the cars in the 70s when it was common to either have Cragars or Aluminum Slots on our cars and that seems normal to those of us that experienced that era.

Rain came along 30 years later and did not experience that. So she sees the rallies and the steelies with the dog dish caps as the norm in her world, based on her experiences that is what seams normal to her.

Always thought it was odd she did not like the custom wheels, but hey she grew up in a different time.

View attachment 1715464682
Most of my Mopars have had factory wheels. But before them.. First Car -71 Nova ran Keystone Klassics. 71 Pinto - Aluminum slots - LOL

Rain came along 30 years later and did not experience that. So she sees the rallies and the steelies with the dog dish caps as the norm in her world, based on her experiences that is what seems normal to her.

View attachment 1715464682
You could be right, never thought of that before.

I started getting into these cars in late 2003 or 2004. Even though I had been around them and seen them earlier than that, but I never thought I'd be a mechanic till then. Before that I didn't know what the heck to do with my life. Auto school classes are what pretty much gave me any kind of direction and woke me up in life. I had a teacher who was an old guy then, a relic from the early 60s and he really took his students to his times.

Poor guy has passed since then along with so many people and memories of times that are so distant now.

Morning. -13 this morning.
rad and a couple block heaters to replace today. One looks like a real treat. Cant reach it. I have to replace it as its leaking.

-
Back