Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Strawberry smoothie for dessert. Not boozy enough...

Filet Minion Fried Rice....Ohhh and Corn....Should make for an interesting Morning Tomorrow........

Finally unboxed my lift, got everything off the dolly but the ramps- too heavy. I will have to rig a strap and use engine hoist. Will be reading through the manual tonight, can't believe I am just getting to this.

IMG_0482 (1).jpg

IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

I know how much the one was that I got it into the shop with (pictured) but that was a 4WD. I will keep that in mind, have seen videos and it seems like the biggest mistakes are swapping sides/parts and having to tear it back down. I thought I was opening a manual tonight, turns out it's all ANSI standards stuff, lifting guides etc. I have an electronic and a printed PDF installation manual, need to look through that and get going. Electrician set aside a 220 circuit for it in the panel but hasn't ran the wires through the conduit yet as he wants to look at load requirement and location of the motor/electrical connection on the lift.

I know how much the one was that I got it into the shop with (pictured) but that was a 4WD. I will keep that in mind, have seen videos and it seems like the biggest mistakes are swapping sides/parts and having to tear it back down. I thought I was opening a manual tonight, turns out it's all ANSI standards stuff, lifting guides etc. I have an electronic and a printed PDF installation manual, need to look through that and get going. Electrician set aside a 220 circuit for it in the panel but hasn't ran the wires through the conduit yet as he wants to look at load requirement and location of the motor/electrical connection on the lift.
Nice

When I see suspension work going on I second guess the 4 post. I did get a jack kit, hopefully it works well, never used one on a lift.

nice hoist!
Unpack hardware and check it is all there.
Shop crane will handle it on that pretty floor.
If i recall i set my decks on blocks. Built end frames and stuck it together. It has to be high enough to thread cables around and under. Just play it safe above all.

When I see suspension work going on I second guess the 4 post. I did get a jack kit, hopefully it works well, never used one on a lift.
There is only one thing i have not been able to do with my 4 post,lift a body off. I did lift a box off a pickup easily though.
You know i use mine daily for all aspects of auto repair?
Any questions or snags dont hesitate to drop me a line.

Thanks you guys, yup I'm a newbie in a lotta ways, will probably hit you guys up! I'm out, have to burn something for dinner.

Oh, because my floor is not level, the hoist posts slowly walk around. Every couple months i need to move it back, usually 5 inches. I placed 1/2” thick rubber sheet under each foot, it really helped. And keeps posts up out of the water when floor is wet. Thats pretty much all winter. Tempted to anchor it, but im fine with it the way it is.

So this Penguin is driving his car, and all of a sudden it stops moving. He looks across the street and sees a Transmission shop. He just coasts in, and tells the mechanic what happened. " Give me a few minutes and I can give you a diagnosis". Great. So the Penguin is waiting and sees an ice cream shop next door, and decides to get a cone. It is tough for penguins to eat ice cream and he makes a mess of it. Well, in about 30 minutes the penguin comes back to shop, with some vanilla on his shirt, where he is told, " Looks like you blew a seal". The penguin promptly reply's, "No, it is just ice cream.!!!:lol:
Im still rolling.

-
Back