Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
You laugh but a piece of garden hose is exactly how I limped a 78 John Deere 4440 home 8 miles after it blew a pressure line between the rear hydraulic pump and the trans. For those that don’t know, that tractor has a single circuit hydraulic system. Meaning the brakes, clutch, trans cooling, power steering and all the accessory hydraulics all flow via a single line. A piece of garden hose got it home, leaking of course but it made it the 8 miles home. Thankfully too because when it split, I was on a rural highway with no place to pull off as there are huge ditches on each side. And towing a tractor is expensive, upwards of 5 grand

The nylon line for my oil gauge once sprung a leak about 5 miles from my house in Detroit...

I limped it home by starting the car and getting up to speed, then turning it off and coasting... Lucky it had manual steering and brakes...

I did make it home by starting and coasting without getting too low on oil and seizing up the engine...

I now keep a spare nylon tube for the gauge in the glove box now in case that happens again...

Hey Mike. Fire it u!

Are we talking the engine or one of these????
Toke.gif

The nylon line for my oil gauge once sprung a leak about 5 miles from my house in Detroit...

I limped it home by starting the car and getting up to speed, then turning it off and coasting... Lucky it had manual steering and brakes...

I did make it home by starting and coasting without getting too low on oil and seizing up the engine...

I now keep a spare nylon tube for the gauge in the glove box now in case that happens again...
yeah... don't work on that model tractor with the Quad Range trans. thing has a top speed of 14 mph

I took that photo. Met the gal at Carlisle. She is a Mopar gal too. Note the Champion plug tattoo on her arm.

I found the moon eyes picture on the internet... I didn't get to take it in person...

If she says, "My eyes are right here, where do I look???"
huh.gif

Moon eyes.jpg

I could always say "I am looking at your eyes".... :lol:

Would it be ok for me to tell her that I like her eyes???? :D :D

Just the other day I saw a high school kid outside the little market up the street mixing a Red Bull with one of Starbuck's bottled beverages. :eek:

If you take a muscle relaxer with a viagara, you'd be a Gumby with a Pokey.... :D

Russel the Pharmacist

The rock farm was surrounded on 3 sides by farm ground, one of the pieces had an irrigation reservoir on it. I'm driving past the office/scale house and out of the corner of my eye I see some very bright green vegetation peeking up over the levee. Get back to my plant call the boss on the phone "You might want to go look at the reservoir before we all get busted for growing a controlled substance." 6 healthy plants about 4' high :lol:

Why tell the boss... Be a good worker and take care of it yourself....
Toke.gif

I got some fill dirt for the yard. Leveled it, seeded it, watered it and in a week or so a nice Christmas tree looking plant. The wife made me pull it pot. Party pooper!

When my mom lived in Omaha, she had a friend who's husband owned a farm just over the border in Iowa... Pot grew wild on the farm... Being a weed, if they kept pulling it, it would just grow back, so they just "let nature take its course" and left it alone....

that moment when your millennial co workers get so annoying, you pull out the bluetooth and just crank the classic rock to full tilt! :rofl::rofl:

After a discussion with my son he has decided he doesnt want the Duster and told me to keep it...wtf is wrong with the youth these days...my Dad was gone (divorce) by the time I was 10, he wasn't around much and, didnt build cars but, if I would of gotten something like this from my Dad or anybody else at the age of 18....I would of ****...my son says he wants to build mud trucks...whatever... Maybe I will make the Duster my daily driver in the nice weather months...

20191227_201330.jpg

After a discussion with my son he has decided he doesnt want the Duster and told me to keep it...wtf is wrong with the youth these days...my Dad was gone (divorce) by the time I was 10, he wasn't around much and, didnt build cars but, if I would of gotten something like this from my Dad or anybody else at the age of 18....I would of ****...my son says he wants to build mud trucks...whatever... Maybe I will make the Duster my daily driver in the nice weather months...

View attachment 1715468296
I didnt want to step on your toes but what did you finally do about the engine harness from the ad on here.

Sad. Neither of my boys care about my hobby but I'm interested in theirs. :BangHead:

His loss :realcrazy:

But but but...... you are a millennial.
nope. and neither are you. So one of the things the demographics world has been slowly getting to gain traction is splitting the millennial generation. There is no consensus on when that generation starts. If you look in the academic world, there's some that say the millennial generation started as early as 1978, others say it didn't start until 1989. But they ALL agree, that the people born between 1978 and 1989 have different stereotypes, traits and other differences that vary between them and those born in the years 1989 thru 2004. So one thing that recently is gaining traction but hasn't fully been widely accepted is defining a new generation, called Xennials for that gap between the end of Generation X and the beginning of the true, stereotypical Millennial. Based on the facts and track able data, I buy into that hypothesis. There's a literally crap ton of data that shows that split and that those born prior to 1989 actually are close trait wise, thought wise and other areas, with that of the Generation X than those of the later part of the millennial Generation.

My master's thesis was actually on this very topic and how it will relate to the economy and world as a whole. I could go on for HOURS if not days on this topic.

I didnt want to step on your toes but what did you finally do about the engine harness from the ad on here.
Nothing...mine has a goofy connector about mid way through the part that goes to the alternator...I dont know if it is supposed to be there or not but I think I'm just going to take it out and fix that spot of the harness. Everything works it just looks bad and somebody has run a jumper around one of the wires. I'm just gonna take it apart and solder everything back without the goofy connector. I just need to figure out what wire runs the temp gauge as it is not hooked up and the wire seems to be mia... If you were wanting that harness..go for it..

Nothing...mine has a goofy connector about mid way through the part that goes to the alternator...I dont know if it is supposed to be there or not but I think I'm just going to take it out and fix that spot of the harness. Everything works it just looks bad and somebody has run a jumper around one of the wires. I'm just gonna take it apart and solder everything back without the goofy connector. I just need to figure out what wire runs the temp gauge as it is not hooked up and the wire seems to be mia... If you were wanting that harness..go for it..
The temp gauge wire is probably the extra one you have near the alternator. That harness should run along the passenger valve cover. The temp senders are up in that rf corner of the intake.

Ya...the problem is a have a few extra wires since I dont use the field wires for the alternator as I have a one wire alternator on it. This goofy connector has me puzzled as to where it came from...its about half way down where the harness sits on the top of the valve cover...all the wires run it to. The connector looks like a male and female connector like it would plug in at the bulk head almost

-
Back