Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Ugh ugh ugh. Lost another Vet and fellow service member to suicide today. 11 years to the date of the first one I served with who ended up taking his own life. Almost to the hour. Just sad, and something I just can’t wrap my mind around. The “why”.

anyway, pass the booze, gonna be a long one today
I am around Marines with TBI's, and the desire to end it all is sometime over powering. Just so Sad.

I am around Marines with TBI's, and the desire to end it all is sometime over powering. Just so Sad.
Yeah, that happens a lot too. I get the feeling this one stems from a relationship issue. He literally just got home from a 12 month, non combat deployment 11 days ago

Yeah, that happens a lot too. I get the feeling this one stems from a relationship issue. He literally just got home from a 12 month, non combat deployment 11 days ago
His girl dump him while he was gone? That would almost do it....

His girl dump him while he was gone? That would almost do it....
We don’t know yet. Police investigating, whatever went down, not even his closest friends in the unit knew.

But my money is on that or he caught her cheating in some manner. Past experiences with other soldiers returning in such cases kind of point that way.

Nope harness is actually correct. Done for today, had to go pick up my daughter from school, tested for the flu. So there went any chance of firing it today, even though I did go buy a new regulator! This is the style I need. Also picked up the correct ballast resistor. Apparently this style comes with its own harness which is why I was missing it.

View attachment 1715472075
I'm confused, I thought you said there was no wiring for a regulator.

Some vintage early 50s REO ads restored...

329C6DA0-0474-4527-981D-790A3CBC1F67.jpeg

1F291DCD-5F7C-4184-BEE8-A1BF89251766.jpeg

357412A4-5316-42F1-B42D-A93CFDC18911.jpeg

I'm confused, I thought you said there was no wiring for a regulator.
There isn’t on the old one, but there also wasn’t the second wire for the alternator. Apparently that line is what is missing. Along that long, the voltage regulator connects inline. A green wire from the alternator goes to one side of this, blue line comes out according to the wiring diagram. Blue wire then goes to the starter relay, where it screws down. Those two wires came with my new regulator.

Blue wire needs to be switched. It supposed to go to the in side of the ballast resistor. As I far as I recall....

Main thing, that blue wire needs to have a solid Battery voltage. 13.2 or what ever the battery is. If it is low, the battery will over charge. And if not switched, the battery will discharge...

Main thing, that blue wire needs to have a solid Battery voltage. 13.2 or what ever the battery is. If it is low, the battery will over charge. And if not switched, the battery will discharge...
:thumbsup: You are correct. I pulled up the digital wiring diagram, I misspoke blue goes to the ballast and then a brown to the starter relay.

In my 69 'Vert, I installed a relay, powered by the blue off of the resistor. It was below battery voltage, the blue wire, and I switched battery voltage thru that.
Worked like a dream...

:thumbsup: You are correct. I pulled up the digital wiring diagram, I misspoke blue goes to the ballast and then a brown to the starter relay.
It does not go TO the ballast resistor, it COMES FROM the ballast resistor....
Actually it comes from the key switch, thru the bulkhead connector.

Denny Hamlin won the Daytona 500. Ryan Newman wadded his car up and they are still getting him out.

Still getting him out of the car. He will be transported to a local hospital

-
Back