Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
For sale, 1984 Toyota truck $1500.

Low miles (121,000) with some rust. Offers considered.

:rofl:

5DFF5415-8A9F-4771-9AAB-939FA9E4DDA6.jpeg

AEBE3C14-18D7-4F99-8BD0-D09EEDE49154.jpeg

Well kind of. CPA's don't "keep books" that's what book keepers do. CPA's Prepare taxes, are financial advisors, perform audits, and oversee accounting practices. When my wife was a partner at the CPA firm she was the Penson and Trust partner. She knows as much about accounting, auditing, and employee benefits as you know about pharmaceuticals. And now she has 15+ years of Government Accounting back round. She is the CFO of our city and manages all aspects of a 150 million dollar budget. And yes, it balances to the penny. She has many awards for her work.
I forgot to add, having a CPA degree doesn’t make you qualified to be a CFO like your wife is. It takes far more experience and knowlege to be in that role. She earned her way into the role with her knowlege and experience.

Just having a CPA doesn’t get someone there....anymore than having a Ph.D. in Chemistry gets you a Chief Scientific Officer title.

Fired up the duster, and it was loud and glorious.

I need someone to hold the camera next time I do it because I had to work the carb with one hand and jump the starter relay with the other.

It doesn't turn by turning the key so its possible the relay is bad because I found a rusty one in the yard that has been in the elements.

The first starter relay I had was for the seat belt interlock BS they had in 74. The rusty one came off a 68 Barracuda half car in the yard.

20200224_204039.jpg

Now I need to work on the brakes. I'm going to poopoo can the brake booster and all that bulky apparatus and install a manual brake master cylinder and simplify it and then I won't need a vacuum line there.

Also I am going to start collecting parts for a manual steering conversion and simplify it there as well

I got the mini starter to work. I found a second junk one and made one out of the two. Works great and cranks the engine fast. .....

I'm celebrating, getting a car started and that much closer to the street is a big deal.

Broke out the cheetos for this garage party.

20200224_211948.jpg

Now I need to work on the brakes. I'm going to poopoo can the brake booster and all that bulky apparatus and install a manual brake master cylinder and simplify it and then I won't need a vacuum line there.

Also I am going to start collecting parts for a manual steering conversion and simplify it there as well

Excess weight and power loss :thumbsup:

Excess weight and power loss :thumbsup:
More so than weight, I like simple, I like to look down over the engine and see the ground around the engine. I like to power wash my engines and not have a ton of places for grease to hide. I like to be able to easily see and get my hands on all engine components.

Power steering is nice because it makes the steering wheel feel like butter, but it leaks and makes a mess and throws grease all over the engine compartment. It makes noise and spews more grease, then you fill it up with more grease. It gets in the way, you can't power wash around it and you can't see the ground on the LH front corner of the engine compartment with it there.

Power brakes. ...... assuming you need your brakes to stop you on a dime, it's not much use otherwise. I think brakes are fine as long as they slow you down. I once put a 383 in a slant six car and left the slant six drums in place. Drove that car all summer and never had a problem. I say, just have a nice tall glass of brake fluid and you can stop any time you like.

So long story short, I like my cars simple, i don't care about saving weight at all. Heck, I'm going to prolly drive it to the grocery store and load up a few cases of dew and other heavy groceries anyway. Happiness is a road trip with a well stocked cooler and a bucket of chicken and taters ..... right

I think drum brakes are safe enough. It's the new crash tests they subject car to these days that make old car seem unsafe but it's really an illusion and not real. Come on, what car can actually pass such rigorous tests

crash-test-safe-murica_o_1260850.jpg

so in other news. My buddy just learned the hardway about running water in a radiator in climate's that experience below freezing weather... :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: Needless to say, he destroyed a very potent AMC 360 that he'd rebuilt, had maybe 400 miles on it. about 450 hp in a 64 American that maybe weights 2700 pounds. Guess he went to change the plugs after it sat all winter long and water came pouring out. Said he forgot to drain it. Cranked the block thru the cylinder walls. and AMC 360s aren't easy to find these days.

View attachment 1715476365

He should have loosened/removed the radiator cap while it was in storage... That would allow the pressure from the water freezing and expanding to go out the top of the radiator and keep the block from cracking...

Last edited:
Fired up the duster, and it was loud and glorious.

I need someone to hold the camera next time I do it because I had to work the carb with one hand and jump the starter relay with the other.

It doesn't turn by turning the key so its possible the relay is bad because I found a rusty one in the yard that has been in the elements.

The first starter relay I had was for the seat belt interlock BS they had in 74. The rusty one came off a 68 Barracuda half car in the yard.

View attachment 1715476542

A no start with the key may also be a problem in the neutral safety switch/circuit... Just throwing out other options in case that doesn't work...

I'm celebrating, getting a car started and that much closer to the street is a big deal.

Broke out the cheetos for this garage party.

View attachment 1715476552

Heck, I'm going to prolly drive it to the grocery store and load up a few cases of dew and other heavy groceries anyway.

Cheetos and Mountain Dew - the breakfast of champions.... :rolleyes: :popcorn:

I thought that you gave up Mountain Dew.... Or did you fall off the wagon???

Man, I slept crooked Sun-Mon night and have a bad crook in my neck...

It hurt so bad, I layed down early last night... Tried a heating pad and that made it worse... Then tried some ice, icy hot, and took a tramadol and it felt a little better after a while... It hurt bad when I was vertical, so I had to lay down or sit in the recliner and keep the pressure off of it to give the muscles time to rest and heal a little... Still hurts now, but not as bad as yesterday....

I may try the muscle relaxer and anti inflamatory pills that I got from the minute clinic a few months back that I saved for "emergencies" and see if those help any better for today...

-
Back