Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Semper Fi
yeah, don't know the guy personally but hes a local marine. they usually have the Patriot riders and a full military color guard etc for times like this. But with the virus, none of that was able to happen. So we're lining the highway into town with cars and flags, staying inside our own cars of course. but at least it'll be something.

At my work, first work at home till date given was April 6th. It's Wednesday, I'm wondering if they won't wait till Friday to announce extension. The guy that was bucking up the alders works on the base and said he hadn't heard of any military guys having it, wife read yesterday there's an aircraft carrier docking to offload a bunch of them, not a good place to have a virus like this one going around. Everybody always got "the crud" at the beginning of a cruise, but not this crud.

same. but our management changed tune rapidly once our fed gov employees got told to work from home by the POTUS. since we technically work for them, we had to follow suit. My understanding is that will continue thru this month. maybe next.

The predictions in WI say peak will be May 22, guess that is just number crunchers doing their thing. That is the week before Mopars in the Park. Anyone hear if that is still on?

Good morning guys, dentist gave me a 5 day course of steroids to calm a sensitive nerve, so I feel like superman! We all got our official furlough email, knew that was coming so no big deal there. We can pay our insurance premiums by check or credit card, I told my younger coworkers do not give them your debit card number, considering payroll's frequent mistakes. Might do a weekly grocery run since it's senior discount day. And I need more wax for the Fury. Pollen is heavy here. Public beaches are all closed, feel very fortunate to have the one here which is considered private.

If I am sent home I have 14 days of manditory quarentine whether I have anything or not.
My mother just found out yesterday that they are doing surgery on her this Friday as they found a grapefruit size mass on one of her overies. Found it early. So best for me to not be at the house.

How can it be grapefruit size and they "found it early"??? Grapefruits are pretty big... :realcrazy:

You would think if they found it early, it would be ping pong ball or golf ball size...

If they found it late, would it be basketball size??? :realcrazy:

Good luck to her on the surgery...

If you could get 14 days of manditory quarantine at home, you could get some things done on the cars.... :steering:

Last edited:
At my work, first work at home till date given was April 6th. It's Wednesday, I'm wondering if they won't wait till Friday to announce extension. The guy that was bucking up the alders works on the base and said he hadn't heard of any military guys having it, wife read yesterday there's an aircraft carrier docking to offload a bunch of them, not a good place to have a virus like this one going around. Everybody always got "the crud" at the beginning of a cruise, but not this crud.
they're offloading them yes, but they are being fully quarantined for 30 days, longer if they develop symptoms later in the process.

The predictions in WI say peak will be May 22, guess that is just number crunchers doing their thing. That is the week before Mopars in the Park. Anyone hear if that is still on?
last i knew, it was being cancelled. Pretty much everything thru Memorial day is being cancelled.

I have to give name, number and address for where I am going to be quarentined to the officers at the border. They will track via cell phone gps, and if I am caught out and about its either $1,000.00 fine or 180 days in lockup.

Hell, that's easy... If you have to go out, leave the cell phone at home and keep the power on... :D

Last edited:
So plan is have a porta potty delivered to the build site along with my building supplies.

That's shitty....

Poop.jpg

morning all. Have a funeral procession for a fallen Marine this afternoon, then a new planter is to arrive, doubt the polara gets any attention today.

Aren't funerals supposed to be minimal attendance??? I heard on the news the other day that they had to bust one up for having over 50 people...

yeah, don't know the guy personally but hes a local marine. they usually have the Patriot riders and a full military color guard etc for times like this. But with the virus, none of that was able to happen. So we're lining the highway into town with cars and flags, staying inside our own cars of course. but at least it'll be something.

:usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

Another glorious working from home day....not sure when it will end and, to be honest I dont care when...I kind of like it...

The state extended our stay at home mandate for three more weeks... :BangHead:

The town stopped vacation rentals till May 15 so I am sure the hotel where I work will be closed till then at least.

Welp time to do some things while I have the extra energy. Hope everyone's day goes well.

Aren't funerals supposed to be minimal attendance??? I heard on the news the other day that they had to bust one up for having over 50 people...
the funeral is restricted to family only. less than 10 people and they've got each person spaced 6 feet apart.

What I'm participating in is the car procession. We're lining the route from the funeral home to the cemetery with flags and cars. we're told to stay in our cars, but turn our brights on and have radios off.

I hear the geese coming back north... They are flying overhead right now...

I hope that their flying formation is at appropriate social distancing...

We all got our official furlough email, knew that was coming so no big deal there..

We got emergency phone alerts yesterday asking for medical volunteers help with the virus here in our state... :wtf:

The first time I've gotten any alert like that... :realcrazy:

Last edited:
-
Back