Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I was so bored on a rainy day yesterday.
I changed out some light bulbs, and many other little things.
I also rewired some large pictures hanging or needed hanging in the house. Wife had been asking to have it done for a few months.
No problems with the wiring Chris...:poke::D
I had a vacation day scheduled for yesterday to do a medical appointment. Of course that was cancelled. But my knee was killing me for no particular reason when I got up. (In addition to other aches and pains and generally feeling like I got hit by a bus) So I took the day off anyway. I knew the weather was going bad again today, so got the cover back on the Duster. Also changed a leaking fuel hose on the push mower. Which was actually good news, cause when I first looked at it, I thought the plastic tank was cracked. Other than that I did as little as possible.

Last edited:
Finally got my shop lift wired yesterday, 220 single phase. Can't run it tho because have to get a couple of air line fittings and a short air hose to plumb the water trap to lift. Once I get the air connected I have to do some cable adjustments and leveling checks.

IMG_0750.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

The wife found this work bench for me on Facebook marketplace. It's no looker but man is it HEAVY, loaded it with a fork lift, will probably have to use dolly's or engine hoist to get it off of the trailer and set in the shop. $40 with the vice.

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

Probably take a long drive in the Fury with vents open and heater running and see if I can get it dry, it's only a little damp now after working on it yesterday. I put a couple containers of the stuff that absorbs moisture inside and I'll spray the headliner with alcohol. After all that I won't forget to roll up the windows again! So relaxing just driving around though, did it yesterday too.

That's what I told her! (and yes, the carpet did match the drapes) :rofl:

HA! I actually DO have 2 8x10 black carpets, they match the drapes : ) The reason I have both in the shop is because of the Klipschorns, that sound was bouncing around everywhere, too reflective. Sounds much better now.

Customer is on my case about doing some work. Im holding my ground. He has to wait like everyone else.
I think he finally got the message. Wait or go elsewhere...

Hey Tim!
Got cooler lines in, starter connected. Just going to install u-joints and driveshaft. then dig a transmission cooler out of my archives and hang it behind bumper for now. Its unknown if transmission even works, but fluid looked good when i pulled it out.
a quick coffee and onwards i guess.

I'm in discussion with a guy on FB about a 400 block. It's one of those 230 blocks with the thick web around the crank, cast 7/27 '71.

He's asking a thousand dollars for it. I was sort of interested but now I'm not. I hate it when I have to back out of deals. I'm always too eager and impulsive.
Way to much for a bare block, any 400 block will work as long as your not going for big power.

Way to much for a bare block, any 400 block will work as long as your not going for big power.
Yeah, I talked to my engine guru and he said the higher power engines will be doing work to the main caps anyway and the difference in thickness won't make much difference.

They are really rare and sought after though, so I'm not sure the price is wrong for the market.

Not worth it for me, though.

-
Back