Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Well gun shop owner said they can’t keep handguns on the shelf. No .45 mags or box ammo. Any reload ammo handgun or rifle was limited to two pounds. I bought two pounds and will go back again tomorrow at lunch with Cherry and get another four pounds. Glad I stocked up a few months ago.

The view from the shop this morning 7am.

9253429D-044F-4713-AF21-CBC282D2687E.jpeg

Varathane on the cedar, and on shelving. Just watching it dry...
went and did a little work on fargo, engine wired again. Then again i forgot to add in the wire for choke heater. Oh well. It runs again. Steering column can go back in.

Freaking wth!

So over the last month, I’ve switched our lightbulbs to all low wattage LEDs, using 70 percent less than a CFL. Expected to see a reduction in my electric bill, instead, it was 30 bucks higher. Spent the last hour trying to figure out why. Our usage is down roughly 15 percent over last month and that’s with the AC running more cause of the temps. Rate is the same.

finally I spotted it, they added a 35 dollar “Covid sustainability fee”. Wth

So i took a 318 apart thinking it would be a quick hone and ring slap.
When i took the pistons out, 4 out of 8 had broken top rings. Pretty ridgy, which is strange the broken rings didn't damage the walls and it still ran like that, I drove it in the shop!

I was thinking it was smoking because of bad valve stem seals, which is probably true.

So now I'm looking into boring it out. I got a quote of $28. A cylinder to bore it to any size i want.

So that's $224. For a 318

So i took a 318 apart thinking it would be a quick hone and ring slap.
When i took the pistons out, 4 out of 8 had broken top rings. Pretty ridgy, which is strange the broken rings didn't damage the walls and it still ran like that, I drove it in the shop!

I was thinking it was smoking because of bad valve stem seals, which is probably true.

So now I'm looking into boring it out. I got a quote of $28. A cylinder to bore it to any size i want.

So that's $224. For a 318
LA or poly? Polys are semi notorious for their old cast iron rings breaking upon removal

-
Back