Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Well if I get home from church and other activities at a decent hour these babies get installed.View attachment 1715601892

You may have to have the bore in the rods redone after installing the new bolts...

Some conn rod bolts use the knurl/shoulder of the bolt to locate the cap on the rod... Changing the bolts can allow the cap to relocate compared to the rod and that misalignment can make a tight crank... :(

(I said tight crank....) :eek:

they don’t have an assigned rack. :wtf:

It's much better when there is an assigned rack.... :D

Moon eyes.jpg

So found a bit of water running out of the fresh air vent on the drivers side. Leaking windshield wiper seals or cowl? Is it possible to empty the cowl of debris or is it the same song and dance with any classic from that era?

It could be either... You may have to remove the windshield to get a better look....

So, the only decent car show, which brings 800+ cars typically is a bust. Show runs from 10-3. 70% chance of rain from 12-3. Couldn't be timed better than that! Radar looks like it will be a bit moist for a car with a scoop, no hood or wipers....my son surprised me showing up last night from college. Here just for today, had hoped to go with in Demon to show...we will find something to do

I never had the time to figger out the wire-feed thin material connection, it just wasn't a big part of heavy duty repair. Most of the time thin stock meant 3/8" to us :lol:
Yeah I’m certified on 1/2 inch and larger stick welding. Mainly because Toyota made us when I worked at their forklift plant. Then when I was building drilling rigs, everything was stick and at least 1/4 inch high carbon steel.
This whole 18 gauge mild sheet metal with wire has been something else. Everytime I think I get the setting right, lock it down, come back a while later and the same setting with the same sheet of steel, and it’s different

I never had the time to figger out the wire-feed thin material connection, it just wasn't a big part of heavy duty repair. Most of the time thin stock meant 3/8" to us :lol:
The old metal on my Fargo is a real challenge to weld. And its quite thick compared to today’s standards.

They show up Chris?
yep, 5 hours ago. Unloaded with no damage or incident, my tractor is bigger and thus, slower than yours, much easier to control haha. Pretty much unloaded and then reloaded everything in Tim’s truck. Loaded him up with a few beers and bills, and off they went. Wolfie is hoot!! Lucky I finally got to meet him in person. His brother is even funnier.

Oh, I need to find a good steak joint or something when I come out to Carlisle next summer.

Some carnage today. If i was ever impressed by something i got off amazon, its these 20 dollar spot weld cutters. I got my money’s worth in 10 spot welds.
Will fit panel and weld it up in a few minutes i will be done with it. Piece im replacing will fix the bashed lower apron, the support and a tear by one framerail.
14C17CA1-3462-4EB0-A2F0-54B0E65FAB5B.jpeg
37AA936A-6AB0-48AD-9A9E-CA340890AB10.jpeg
9925294B-A279-4F8A-B390-9F952FB0D774.jpeg
26EF7C36-4CC4-4334-A77D-B6E1B95C4422.jpeg

Ok... I gathered my gonads, and drilled 4 holes for the Fratzogs. After I studied Dave's pictures carefully. Still waiting on a few smalls before I start the top. My Cousin is dropping by in a few to help me re- adjust the trunk lid. So....making small progress... Beer Please...
IMG_20200927_133835.jpg
IMG_20200927_133846.jpg

I shoulda had my camera on when I went to the donut shop. There was a Dustpan there I haven't seen around town before. Probably had 15x30s on the back, around the front I think I saw the distributor on the proper end of the power plant. Rag top Challenger buried in the middle of the gathering.

Well, i said i wasnt doing any finishing on the exterior sheet metal. Guess i lied.
4741E918-2658-4A1A-AB64-EDD796238B6E.jpeg

Ok... I gathered my gonads, and drilled 4 holes for the Fratzogs. After I studied Dave's pictures carefully. Still waiting on a few smalls before I start the top. My Cousin is dropping by in a few to help me re- adjust the trunk lid. So....making small progress... Beer Please...
View attachment 1715602114 View attachment 1715602116
Dont you hate that sick feeling you get when you have to drill that perfect hole? I know i do.

-
Back