Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So next week I got Tuesday off so I'm going to start the hone process. I saw on a video where uncle Tony uses gas as the lube to hone an engine.

I might try it

What brand of tools do you buy and use?
I'm just :poke:you.

I like all tools, I do have snap on, matco, Mac, and majority craftsman. I even have some Pittsburgh. I actually worked at sears for 8 months just to get the employee discount, it was a great time.

I believe all the manufacturers have some great tools and all the manufacturers have some items here and there that could have used just a bit more thought.

I don't discriminate against tools, In fact I just found and picked up a pair of vice grips laying on the street. Made my day to find something good on the street lol.

Petersen or Irwin?
As long as they were made in the USA you're good. There is so many made in China locking pliers out there now. I am ashamed to say but we sold a 10 piece set for $100 when I was back on the truck. Not good quality but I sold hundreds of sets each time they promoted them.

Thanks.

now for the bad news, my wife bought a bunch of fruity whiskeys and bourbons in June in Gatlingburg... can’t drink them now. So I’m stuck with those now

So how is that bad news??? You get to drink them yourself....
drinks.gif

Found a little pair of vise grips clamped to a brake line fitting,20 plus years ago. Soaked with evapo-rust. They freed up and i have been using them since.

new vise grips are junk.

Found a little pair of vise grips clamped to a brake line fitting,20 plus years ago. Soaked with evapo-rust. They freed up and i have been using them since.

new vise grips are junk.

Get the newest possible Irwins you can find. They are good and made in USA again.

Morning! wind is already blowing hard. Be fricking cold today. Time to start the heater in the little garage. And pick up pellets this weekend. 90 bags into basement.

So, wondered why my right shoulder was sore this morning.
All bruised. Nothing like standing on a ladder with a heavy spring that wont line up, and running out of steam. Its done, just hope spring holds up for a few years. Next round i may have to pay someone to fix it.

-
Back